AUG ROAD TRIP

knightfan26917

This road trip (Aug 11-14) is my annual trek to Pennsylvania for our family reunion. If interested in meeting along the way or coming to one of the MEET'n'GREETs, let me know!

THURS night (Aug 10) or FRI morning (Aug 11)

* leave Elgin, bound for either an overnight in Indiana (if leave Thursday night) or Friday afternoon/evening near Akron OH

* Route = IL RT 47 S ... SR 24 E ... SR 30 E ... OH RT 585 N

* Stop along SR 30 E in NW OH for MEET'n'GREET (place & time TBD)

* MEET'n'GREET near Wooster OH (SW of Akron) for dinner (place & time TBD)

* staying with friends along OH RT 585 Friday night

SAT (Aug 12)

* leave Akron OH area for Johnstown area PA, early morning

* Route = OH RT 585 N ... I-76 E ... I-80 E ... I-79 S ... PA RT 422 E ... PA RT 219 S

* Family reunion 11amish to 5pmish

* MEET'n'GREET (place & time TBD) Pittsburgh/Johnstown PA area

* staying with family

SUN (Aug 13)

* leave PA for MI, sometime 10a-11a

* Route = PA RT 219 N ... PA RT 422 W ... I-79 N ... I-80 W ... I-280 N ... I-75 N ... I-275 N

* MEET'n'GREET (6p) & DINNER ... Pasquales, 31555 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak MI 48073 [located between 13 Mile & 14 Mile Rds on the W side of Woodward].

* TBD where staying

MON (Aug 14)

* leave MI for home, early morning

* Route = I-94 W ... I-294 W ... I-290 W ... IL RT 20 W [although, since I dislike driving through Chicago, I may dip a bit south and come back SR 24 W to IL RT 47 N ... we'll see]

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

"I need to get away from this place" ... Smashmouth ... 'All Star'

I'm B-Section, meaning I am on work term now.  If we dont meet sometime during dream cruise or before school, i am sure you will be at a party at our new appartment up in flint.

174087[/snapback]

You can count on it :AH-HA_wink:

Camino,

Yeah, I know ... I was hoping some of you PA folks would be willing to travel to the Pittsburgh area ... but, I certainly understand. No worries. Perhaps next year when I get to go east again for my "major" road trip ;).

NOS & Schuby,

I'll be meeting quite a few different people at Pasquales. Some from here (you and NOS, of course), a few from the 1st gen MC club, and a few other sites as well.... Will be nice to meet you both :).

If I can figure out how to get over there, I have an item or two you may be interested in taking back to IL. One is the item I have been meaning to send, btu havent gotten around to because I hesitate to send it in the mail.

Thank you. No major plans, just going down the shore for some much needed relaxation, and to get away from here (the area, not C&G :AH-HA_wink:  :D  ) for the week.

Sounds good! The shore, from what I'm told, is a great place to relax ... especially with all of the, uh, nice scenery, around ;).

Maybe I'll catch you on the next pass. We'll see.

Certainly hope so!

And, uh, Hudson ... guess I'll miss you this trip, too, eh?

Sixty8/XP ... you think you 2 could travel to the Pittsburgh/Johnstown area? Let me know....

I've updated a route and added a couple meet'n'greet times/places for this trip ... coming up THIS weekend, starting Thursday night/Friday morning, Aug 10/11..... If you're interested in meeting up, let me know ASAP so we can exchange ph#s earlier, rather than later! If you already have my ph#, don't hesitate to call me!

THU, AUG 10 (night) [or] FRI, AUG 11 (morning) / IL-IN-OH

...leave Elgin. If leave THU night, will stop somewhere in IN overnight & continue FRI. If leave FRI morning, will make stops en route to the Akron OH area....

* Route = IL RT 47 S ... SR 24 E ... SR 30 E ... OH RT 585 N

* MEET'n'GREET possible along SR 30 in NW OH, place [Van Wert? Delphos? Lima?] & time TBD.

...continue to near Akron OH

* MEET'n'GREET near Wooster OH (SW of Akron) for dinner, 6pmish, place TBD

...staying with college friends along OH RT 585 (FRI night)

SAT, AUG 12 / OH-PA

...leave Akron OH area, early morning

* Route = OH RT 585 N ... I-76 E ... I-80 E ... I-79 S ... PA RT 422 E ... PA RT 219 S

* FAMILY REUNION, 11amish to 5pmish

* MEET'n'GREET in Pittsburgh/Johnstown PA area, 6pmish or later, place TBD

...staying with family in Holsopple PA

SUN, AUG 13 / PA-MI

...leave Holsopple PA for MI, 6amish or 8amish (depending on if stopping in Pittsburgh)

* POSSIBLE stop in Pittsburgh for breakfast (depending on location of SAT night's MEET'n'GREET)

...leave Pittsburgh by 10a

* Route = (PA RT 219 N ... PA RT 422 W) ... I-79 N ... I-80 W ... I-75 N

note: Due to several people warning me that I-280 is closed due to the bridge nearing completion, I'm taking I-80 to I-75 N. I'm surprised I didn't think of this myself, as I got "trapped" in that bridge construction last August during my Eastern road trip, en route from the Akron OH area to Detroit MI. I had taken I-77 to I-90 to RT 2 to I-280.....

* MEET'n'GREET in Toledo OH area, Wendy's along I-75 N, 2pmish

...leave for Detroit no later than 3pmish

* Route = I-75 N ... I-275 N ... I-696 E ... Woodward

* MEET'n'GREET (6p) & DINNER ... Pasquales, 31555 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak MI 48073 [located between 13 Mile & 14 Mile Rds on the W side of Woodward].

...staying with friends from FGMC

MON, AUG 14 / MI-IL

* leave MI for home, early morning

* POSSIBLE MEET'n'GREETs along the way....

* Route = I-94 W ... I-294 W ... I-290 W ... IL RT 20 W [although, since I dislike driving through Chicago, I may dip a bit south and come back SR 24 W to IL RT 47 N ... we'll see]

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

"Does your conscience bother you?" ... Lynyrd Skynyrd ... 'Sweet Home Alabama'

Hmm... well, I'm not sure if I have any plans, but if I don't, I'd like to meet. :D

Hey, that'd be cool, BV. How far you willing to travel from Brookville? I know I won't be able to get that far north this trip due to time limitations. If you want, you could join us whenever we decide to meet in Pittsburgh. OR ... I could maybe stop along the way somewhere in RT 422 on my way to RT 219 on Saturday morning.... Let me know ... you should have my # (see above post).

Anyone else???!?!?!?

I checked, I'm going to a party Saturday. Wish I could meet, though.

Hey BV, no worries. We'll meet up someday ... it's not like I don't come to PA often ... he heh.

Let me know where you think you'll be coming through PGH? I have obligations until 4:30 on Saturday, but I might be able to swing out.

Welp, I won't be getting to Pittsburgh until a bit after that ... unless, of course, the reunion is shorter than expected. I'll either be coming to Pittsburgh Saturday night ... or early (8amish or so, as I noted) for breakfast on Sunday en route to Michigan that day.

I Emailed you my cell # (and it is in the post, too, he he he), so give me a call Saturday when you are available after 4:30 ... and we'll go from there. I have a few people in the Pittsburgh area to see ... so, maybe, we can all meet up somewhere. Or, whatever works ;).