Finally, Vacation

zhawk

It's finally arrived. My vacation has started. Tomorrow, we head up to Puyallup for a Camaro and Corvette show and then on Sunday we start the drive down to Reno for Hot August Nights. The weather looks like it will cooperate so the Skylark will be topless most of the way down.

Let's see, as far as I know we will have the following cars heading down in our group..

1961 Corvette Convertible

1967 Camaro Convertible

1967 Camaro Convertible (not a reprint-we have two in the group)

1968 Camaro RS

1969 Camaro Coupe

1969 Camaro Z/28 (DZ302 car)

1971 Chevelle SS454 Convertible (brother's)

1972 Buick Skylark Convertible (ours)

There should be more but I don't know what they are driving. Plus, my uncle is meeting us down in Reno.

This is my first vacation since I got off activation. I really need the time off. Plus, once we get there we'll be surrounded by some of the most beautiful cars ever built. This year's show has 5500 cars officially entered plus everyone who just shows up. All American and European cars and trucks 1972 and older.

Can you tell that I am excited?

Can you tell that I am excited?

*nods*

Yes!

And, I know a few people who are heading to Hot August Nights. So, enjoy!

You will be taking pictures, right? ;)

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" ... Tim McGraw ... 'All I Want Is A Life'

Yep, we're definately taking lots of pictures and if I can find a place to get online with my laptop I will be uploading them to my Camaro Club's photo gallery as oftern as possible.

This has got to be the greatest show I have ever gone to or heard about.

I'm down in Medford, Oregon right now. We spent the night here and are supposed meet up with a couple more people this morning. 8)

I hope I can get internet access at our hotel in Reno so I can update things as the week goes by.

Take care everyone and if I can't get back online, I'll see you next week.

I hope I can get internet access at our hotel in Reno so I can update things as the week goes by.

*nods*

Here is hoping :).

Cort - I was looking through the MC guide in your links. You should throw a pic or two of the new gen 6 updated front on there for completeness' sake.

He he he...yeah, I know. Just haven't gotten around to it just yet. Derek A mentioned it to me when we were at the MC Nationals this year. It's on my "to do list" to speak with Ray B about ... to get those pics added. One of the issues is that there seems to be so much controversy about if the '06 is a new generation. Frankly, I don't think it is ... and neither does Derek A, especially after he rented one to take to the MC Nats this year. I would say it is NOT a new generation ... it was just a refresh ... much like the '76 MC with the quad headlamps ('75 and singular/circular), etc.

Thanks for the reminder ;).