Fusion got its first warranty workout

Satty

I had to take the POS in because, in a typical showing of Ford quality, the $h!mobile left me stranded with........a bad radio. The cd player doesn't eject. They had to order a new radio (isn't it the same one they use in like every new Ford you can buy?) so it'll be a few days until I have a cd player again. Minor inconvenience really, the radio still works so I still have music, just not good music.

Nah, I love the car, its freaking awesome. Just the radio. I do have another complaint, but its about the guy who pulled my car out of the service area. He was like 5'6 and moved my seat all the way forward. I'm 6'3 and drive with the seat all the way back. It really sucks getting into the car with the seat all the way up, dude could have moved it back.

You sound more like a BMW customer than a Ford customer, ha. We short dudes have to move the seats up to safely drive the vehicle... in other words, we gotta reach the damn pedals! And since we don't know exactly where the seat was positioned before, we leave it so the customer can put it where he wants it. :)

It's much easier for a short person to get in a car and move the seat up than a tall person to squeeze in and move the seat back.

171793[/snapback]

lol thats all personal opinion, i'm 5'11 almost 6ft and i put the seat genearlly as far as it goes forward...

I certainly don't mind moving it. I want to make sure I can reach all three pedals so I can safely control the customer's car. Last thing I want to do is wreck one because I was hanging onto the steering wheel trying to find the brake pedal or clutch. I will ask for the customer to understand my motivation.

It really sucks getting into the car with the seat all the way up, dude could have moved it back.

My GM's have this thingy either on the door or the side of the seat called an electronically adjustable seat control switch, very easy to move seat back before getting in......... :P

it'll be a few days until I have a cd player again

My GM came with XM so who uses a CD player ?............. :P

Just kiddin, we looked at the Fusion but the cars on the lot seemed kinda plain, nice sheet metal though. My wife is 5' and I learned to look first before just jumping in, darn near got stuck a few times.

Edited by razoredge

Nah, I love the car, its freaking awesome.  Just the radio.  I do have another complaint, but its about the guy who pulled my car out of the service area.  He was like 5'6 and moved my seat all the way forward.  I'm 6'3 and drive with the seat all the way back.  It really sucks getting into the car with the seat all the way up, dude could have moved it back.

171614[/snapback]

You think that's bad? Try getting your car back with all of your memory settings replaced. The “improved” calibrations come complete with the driver’s seat reclined to the back seat, the side mirrors to go along with the new seat position, and all XM presets replaced with alternative ones.

It's quite odd to me how far most people sit back. I have short legs though too.

I'm 6' but have short arms and legs for my height. That's right, I'm torso boy. :P I'm not "freakishly" proportioned, but just strange enough that some clothing doesn't fit.

When I got in to drive my friend's Sebring I had to move her seat forward. She's 5'7" and I'm 6'. :lol:

I am 6ft tall and i "Be Riddin Dirty" in the Caprice. Even tho its a bench that only moves forward and back. so the seat is slide all the way back and i put washers under the front mounts to lean the seat back.

One Thing about Ford though is there Radios SUCK!! Its been proven by all my Blue Oval Friends. And how Ford does there radios now its really expensive to get a install kit for an aftermarket kit plus the aftermarket kits look bad.

I am 6ft tall and i "Be Riddin Dirty" in the Caprice. Even tho its a bench that only moves forward and back. so the seat is slide all the way back and i put washers under the front mounts to lean the seat back.

One Thing about Ford though is there Radios SUCK!! Its been proven by all my Blue Oval Friends. And how Ford does there radios now its really expensive to get a install kit for an aftermarket kit plus the aftermarket kits look bad.

172056[/snapback]

This is EXACTLY why I hate the concept of an "integrated radio". What if some better musical medium comes out (like the recent advent of satellite radio) and you've got this 8 or 9 year old used car - which is all you could afford - with a radio that you cannot replace because it's an integral part of the car... Fantastic. Now you're forced to buy this extra tacky accessory system (like my sister has for Sirius in her Diamante, though that was by choice), when you'd rather just replace the entire unit for the sake of ease of use, but you cant, all because the manufacturer decided the car's center stack had one cutout too many.

If you're going to integrate ANYTHING, integrate the HVAC. No one's going to replace that without some serious mods anyway.

I had to take the POS in because, in a typical showing of Ford quality, the $h!mobile left me stranded with........a bad radio.  The cd player doesn't eject.  They had to order a new radio (isn't it the same one they use in like every new Ford you can buy?) so it'll be a few days until I have a cd player again.  Minor inconvenience really, the radio still works so I still have music, just not good music.

171603[/snapback]

I've had the same thing on my 500, but its only happened once or twice. Its common on the 500 message boards. You're not alone. Its common. Mine only did that temporarily and has worked fine for quite some time now. But yes, it is junk. Utter pure complete JUNK. Cheap display.

Just get it over with now and put in the aftermarket. They will never fix that radio in your lifetime. Its a cheap looking unit that doesn't perform. I do like the simplicity of the button layout, aside from no AUX in plug and having to push the function button 5 times to adjust bass and treble.

Well, being 6'3", I'm tired of hearing people say to me "move the seat back" when my knees are touching the dash in their Jap cars. Cause ya know what? It is back.

The worst situation is getting into the car after my best friend has driven... he's a full foot shorter than I am. And driving his Prius, well, I just adjust the seat before I get into the car and slide it back. Cause even with the seat all the way back, the way the dash is set up, and it bends outwards towards the center console, my right knee is pressed firmly against it (in the driver's seat--left knee in the passenger seat)

Its not the best radio in the world, thats for sure. The stereo is one are the Malibu was better than the Fusion, but I'm going to stick with the stocker for a while. It weird, I actually go used to listening to the radio when I had the POS Accord for like a month so I wasn't listening to too many cds anyway. I'm just glad the cd I thats stuck is a cdr that I can reburn easily.

It's quite odd to me how far most people sit back. I have short legs though too.

I'm 6' but have short arms and legs for my height. That's right, I'm torso boy.  :P I'm not "freakishly" proportioned, but just strange enough that some clothing doesn't fit.

When I got in to drive my friend's Sebring I had to move her seat forward. She's 5'7" and I'm 6'.  :lol:

172046[/snapback]

Yep, yep. I'm 6' and my sister is 5'9". I have to move her seat forward to drive.

Well, being 6'3", I'm tired of hearing people say to me "move the seat back" when my knees are touching the dash in their Jap cars.  Cause ya know what?  It is back.

172113[/snapback]

Same here! I've sat in last gen. accords, tacomas, a new sequoia, a crv... and in all of those vehicles I felt like the dash board was waaayyy too close to my knees AND in some cases the roof felt too low. This was with the seat all the way back and down. I even remember smacking my head on the grab-handle in the sequoia

Same here!  I've sat in last gen. accords, tacomas, a new sequoia, a crv... and in all of those vehicles I felt like the dash board was waaayyy too close to my knees AND in some cases the roof felt too low.  This was with the seat all the way back and down.  I even remember smacking my head on the grab-handle in the sequoia

172227[/snapback]

See, the advantages of being short. (but not too short, z :P )

This is you when an apple is thrown directly at your head: :duck:

Now, in the same case, I wouldn't even have to duck. In fact, I'd hardly be able to reach up and grab the apple out of the air even with a half-ass Michael Jordan stunt.

See, the advantages of being short. (but not too short, z :P )

This is you when an apple is thrown directly at your head: :duck:

Now, in the same case, I wouldn't even have to duck. In fact, I'd hardly be able to reach up and grab the apple out of the air even with a half-ass Michael Jordan stunt.

172231[/snapback]

You're kidding... right? You're like a midget! J/K

You have to admit I had a huge advantage when it came time to snap some pics of the Camaro concept!

BTW... anyone getting an apple thrown at their head looks like :duck:

unless the person throwing the apple has no aim.

I'm 5'9'', but I tend to like to drive with the seatback reclined quite a bit....and the bottom of the seat moved up vertically a bit.

It's funny....I fit just perfectly in a Corvette. However, I'll be damned if I can get the least bit comfortable in an SLK. If I move the seat back far enough for my legs, then the seatback is far too upright for me (it hits the bulkhead and motors more upright.) If I scoot the seat forward so the seat is reclined comfortably, my legs are jammed against the steering column.

I had the same problem in a NEW Miata....but strangely enough, I could get decently comfortable in the previous generation Miata I owned for a year.

Its been over 2 weeks, damn thing wont pop out. For the first couple of weeks it took a couple of button hits to eject, I figured I'd get it looked at when I went in for an oil change. Since it wouldn't eject at all (and the first oil change isn't until 5000 miles) I went in the other day.

I got the new radio installed this morning. The cd player works just fine, but the radio no longer stays on when the car is turned off, I'm not sure how they managed to screw up the retained power, but I'll get it taken care of. I didn't have to put the seat back where it belongs this time.

I do have to say, nothing is quite as bad as when someone else moves the seat forward, you don't notice...and then try to sit while smacking your head on the doorway because for some reason......your rear end had no where to go...lol...

I got the new radio installed this morning.  The cd player works just fine, but the radio no longer stays on when the car is turned off, I'm not sure how they managed to screw up the retained power, but I'll get it taken care of.  I didn't have to put the seat back where it belongs this time.

174295[/snapback]

the retained power issue is also common, especially when reinstalling a radio after adding adapters, etc. let me check myford500.com and see what i can find

-ok

i didn't find anything right off hand, but maybe disconnecting the battery for an hour and then reconnecting it may get it back? the maybe did something out of order in the reinstall sequence

who knows, ford is so hosed

on my 500 the radio stays on even when i take my key out, until i open my door.

Edited by regfootball

Thats how mine used to be, radio stayed on until a door was opened. When I got in the car tonight and turned the lights on, something looked different, it took me a second but the lights on the radio buttons didn't go on. I'm guessing someone didn't plug something in.

The biggest problem with your Fusion is the "loose nut behind the wheel". :wink:

The biggest problem you are going to have now is the fact that you are dealing with incompetent dealer "represenatives" and they are dealing with incompetent dealer "technicians" who have to deal with incompetent "service managers" who have to deal with greedy owners.................and basically no one gives a $h!, aint their car. They will get it fixed for you but not until you have more time into it than them. "Nothing comes free pal" "ya wanna complain your gonna pay, one way or the other" "just wait till he comes back the last few times before warrenty is up" "then we'll see whos tellin who, what"