New GM ad campaign?

bowtie_dude

Guest YellowJacket894

Is Cheers and Gears based out of Lexington?

171148[/snapback]

I have no clue as to where the site is based out of, but I do know there is another forum floating around here on the net that actually is based out of Lex.

Posted Image

I want to say that this is around the North Park area...

I haven't noticed that sign. :blink:

As for the other one, I'll try snap a photo of it...if someone doesn't do it before Friday. (Hope it doesn't turn out blurry and speckled...) I know we have a image of the artwork, but wouldn't you rather see it in its natural habitat? :D

Toyota brags about the Prius getting 60mpg, which even they know it can't get in this country.

Isuzu bragged about winning some award from Southern Montana Offroad 4X4 Quarterly or something with a circulation of five.

Hyundai brags that the Azera has more [EPA-rated] interior space than the BMW 760i. Its true, but a '96 LeSabre has even more than either.

Infiniti bragged about the Q45's 0-60 time...in cold, low-moisture air...with no spare tire...and a <100lb driver.

Bragging is bragging. Who said it had to be 100% logical?

171651[/snapback]

All I'm saying.....is I didn't know if that was something TO BE necessarily bragging about.....given the current state of GM's business and all the media and press their hardships have gotten lately.....

I have no clue as to where the site is based out of, but I do know there is another forum floating around here on the net that actually is based out of Lex.

Posted Image

I haven't noticed that sign. :blink:

As for the other one, I'll try snap a photo of it...if someone doesn't do it before Friday. (Hope it doesn't turn out blurry and speckled...) I know we have a image of the artwork, but wouldn't you rather see it in its natural habitat? :D

171828[/snapback]

Thats right there at the North Broadway/New Circle intersection.

And the website is Lexistreets.com

I haven't noticed that sign.  :blink:

171828[/snapback]

Thats right there at the North Broadway/New Circle intersection.

And the website is Lexistreets.com

171885[/snapback]

That was taken at the Russell Cave/New Circle Road intersection. The other, better website out of Lexington is kyhorsepower.com 8)

Edited by FinalTA

All I'm saying.....is I didn't know if that was something TO BE necessarily bragging about.....given the current state of GM's business and all the media and press their hardships have gotten lately.....

171849[/snapback]

ive heard you make some pretty dickeheaded comments about a lot of different things, and some of them if not all retain a ring of truth to them, but how can you see this as a bad thing?

if toyota likes to boast and say we should accept them because how good they

are-- mainly because they are so gracious and benevolent as to build plants and create jobs-- thus improving the American way of life...why should we just sit back and say wow...you must be so wonderful?.... why doesnt a domestic do that, too?

theres no way around the FACT that gm employs more US workers and is therefore having a greater impact on the economy than toyota ever will. period.

thats what this is about.

the point is gm could shut down 3x as many plants and still have more. even if they all arent up to full capacity who gives a &#036;h&#33;?

unless of course everyone decides that toyota really is that much better we should hand over the reins to them.

most of these billboards, from what i gather are aimed at the communities that have toyata plants already. sort of a local thing that they hope will spread. yeah, its great to support your community and the people from lex will testify that camries (is that the plural?) are a dime a dozen. most probably because they know people who are working the lines or have friends in the plants.

ill see your 10 and raise you. 44.

dont forget the forest for the trees. no matter how you slice and dice it gm is a major part of this country's economy.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

Guest YellowJacket894

Bah, off by one street!

172240[/snapback]

I thought it was North Park first off because when I think Hollywood Video, I think North Park. (There's one there and I've rented videos from them before.) :D

And, yes Virginia, we do have a South Park. There's TGI Friday's and a Best Buy there.

Awsome, glad to see GM is growing a set of balls! :D

They need to go country wide with it.

Funny, people miss the fact that GM also employees more Engineers, Accountants, and other jobs that pay more in taxes and do more to help move our country forward.

170995[/snapback]

They are brainwashed by Toyota :banghead:

Exactly. Everyone (including these billboards) focuses on the number of factories and assembly jobs, but it is the value added jobs that really count - and most of those are definitely in Japan for Toyota and Honda.

Another thing often conveniently overlooked by Japanese apologists is what would happen to the intellectual property if GM closed up? You know, silly things like patents and trademarks. If all American technology gets off-shored then all future ownership and innovation will also be done over seas.

People need to consider that when they proudly buy their Honda built in Ohio.

Maybe Toyota should put up boards that say "we're doing our best to skim tax breaks and send profits overseas" Or Honda can proudly proclaim "we run the top rated auto assembly plant in the states, top rated for injuries".

Exactly how much is Toyota paying you to post here? Really now, I just don't see GM or Ford fans going out of their way to suck up on their fan sites. And considering the Toyota treatment delivered during their sham of cover up of the sludge defect, I don't think it's below them. You may procede to make all sorts of allegations now, I'm sure you'll find some sort of justification.

171716[/snapback]

LOL.

Advertising you have XX plants in the U.S. is crap when, in reality, you are closing plants and laying off/buying out workers in order to remain competitive in a cut throat industry. It's not worth having so many plants when you are over capacity.

A better campaign, IMO, would be a "GM is turning around," "We're listening to our customers," "Come and see how we have changed" type of thing. Get people really interested in your product and the new GM.

Here are the other boards in the series!

Posted Image

Posted Image

171568[/snapback]

I love it!!! I don't know who they've hired for their new ad campaigns, but they're doing a fantastic job!! Let's finally expose the mis-leading information that Toyota has been feeding people through the media!! I'm so sick of Toytota wrapping themselves in the American flag!!! :angry:

I can't quite make out the second one above though. Does anyone know what it says?

Edited by GPGuy

I love it!!! I don't know who they've hired for their new ad campaigns, but they're doing a fantastic job!! Let's finally expose the mis-leading information that Toyota has been feeding people through the media!! I'm so sick of Toytota wrapping themselves in the American flag!!!  :angry:

I can't quite make out the second one above though. Does anyone know what it says?

172754[/snapback]

GM suppliers are everywhere. Literally.

2,918 suppliers in 4? US States.

The real question of any adverstising isn't content. Remember the Corvette ad that safety groups raised a stink about and GM defered to those groups and pulled it? How brilliant is that? You get people to talk about an ad you don't have to spend a penny to show? So here GM puts up a few boards in "retaliation" for a boatload of spending on Toyota's part playing up the phony image of Toyota being American. How long until these boards get national press?

On the subject of advertising, here's a link to a company that I'm impressed with. Heck of a slogan,

http://www.bajajauto.com/avenger/index.asp

i think it says 48 states...

173253[/snapback]

yeah. f@#k alaska and hawaii. ehh, i think it says 46 but im not sure.

good advertisements nonetheless. just kidding about alaska and hawaii. if i want sugar and pioneapple or. or. or ice ill know where to go. maybe oil one day. damn seals and polar bears. and f@#king penguins.

still, good billboards.

Put that one up everywhere GM!!!! :idhitit:  :idhitit:

174350[/snapback]

I second that!!! :thumbsup:

Does anybody have some copies of larger versions of these billboards?

I'd like to incorporate a couple of them into a signature picture for some other forums I belong to.

I second that!!!  :thumbsup:

Does anybody have some copies of larger versions of these billboards?

I'd like to incorporate a couple of them into a signature picture for some other forums I belong to.

174361[/snapback]

I'll third that!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

yes, i do have a great pic of it but for some reason I cant load it onto the damn web site :banghead:

• 4 weeks later...

Bowtie_Dude: I'll try to get a photo soon. No promises, though. I've got a pretty pathedic camera. :AH-HA_wink:

Around the Newtown Pike exit, huh? I never really pay much attention to billboards, but I think I remember seeing this one.

170723[/snapback]

i own a few businesses in lexington. i wish i'd seen the sign when i was there in july and early august.