Why am I here?

Justin Bimmer

So in Omaha NE after driving 400 miles from the Twin Cities...... Friend has a Nextel with GPS and we were on I-80 in Iowa when it goes "GPS Signal is weak, find an open area and try again" ITS FREEKING IOWA!!!!!! Thought that was funny.

Gonna be driving to Texas on sunday... gonna see if I can get 600 miles in going 70ish (the speed limit on all these boring roads)

I feel bad for people that have to live out here.

I'd love to drive trough there in a Lamborghini Countach and see

how long I could sustain top speed. Flat states are fascinating to

a kid who was born & raised in Slovakia where everywhere you

look there's a hill/valley/mountain/cliffside.

Flat states are fascinating to

a kid who was born & raised  where everywhere you

169723[/snapback]

Yeah, well so was I, and they are not fascinating to me. I went to Univ. of Illinois and was on a plane 2 hours after my last final.

it dont get much flatter then south dakota either...(well yea i live in the black hills but they are a very very small section of the state..

I'd love to drive trough there in a Lamborghini Countach and see

how long I could sustain top speed. Flat states are fascinating to

a kid who was born & raised in Slovakia where everywhere you

169723[/snapback]

Having been born and raised in Appalachia, I find flat states quite boring and ugly. <_<

Delaware's pretty flat...then again, most of the Atlantic Coast is flat. They have plenty of open roads. Too bad the max speed limit on any of Delaware's roads is 55 and that the state police are always out on patrol.

Maryland goes from sea-flat (Eastern Shore) to average (Baltimore-DC metro area) to mountains (~hour west of Baltimore on I-70). Speed limits go way down up in the mountains though (like 45 on sections of I-68 through & west of Cumberland)...

I somehow almost need to see mountains and trees after growing up in Western Washington. I went to Air Force Basic in Texas, my original tech school near Champagne, Illinois, and other technical schools in Witchita Falls, Texas. Flat, boring, and nowhere I wanted to be.

I guess its all what you grow up with. I know people who love it in those areas but its just not for me.

I'm in Indiana, and it's pretty darn flat, but I like it fine. Hills are interesting, but make for confusing roads. Here, everything is in a simple grid. :) It's awefully hard to get lost & not be able to find your way back easily. Although I've never gotten lost in hilly places, either... *shrug* I can see that it's boring, I guess I just don't care. :)

You want to see flat, come to eastern ND. COMPLETELY FLAT as far as the eye can see. The only hills are man-made. Look at my sig. It's like that everywhere you go. Roads are straight, not curved and you better watch how fast you are going because a cop can clock you from a couple miles away because there is nothing between you and him.

Edited by scharmer05

I've driven the Yellowhead highway from Winnepeg up to Edmonton and it was two days of NOTHING. And it was 105 degrees of the driest heat I"ve ever experienced!

Then I drove back through Alberta and down then back via S. Dakota and although the red soil was kinda neat, it was just as flat and boring - but at least you don't have to content with boulders rolling on the highway like you do in Northern Ontario or British Columbia!

We live in a pretty neat continent guys and gals. I"ve driven most of it and it is amazing how in a few hours the scenery can change completely, not to mention the climate!