GMTruckGuy74

Vote for your favorite and then post why  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite and then post why

• Sam's Club
    • BJ's
    • Costco
    • Other

Seeing how the Wal-Mart thread has turned out to be a Wal-Mart vs. Target thread and now has added the Warehouse shooping clubs to the mix (Costco), I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone's opinion on the three major warehouse clubs.

I have two memberships - one for school-use (Sam's) and one for both personal and school-uses (BJ's). I've gone into a Costco only twice; not sure if I want to add a third membership (school pays for the Sam's and business-BJ's memberships). For those with Costco memberships, why should I get a membership?

I added an "OTHER" category, just in case there's a club that's not located on the East Coast that I'm not aware of.

Costco is the best store on earth! My family has been loyal costco members for about 15 years. I just recently got my own membership and am an executive member (which earns me 2% cash back on all costco purchases except liquor and tobacco and perscription drugs I believe)

I also have Costco's American Express Card. There is no "fee" per say other than you have to be a member of Costco (fee there). You get 3% cash back for eating out (which i do ALOT on the road) and you get 2% back for traveling and 1% on everthing else. It's not a typical AMEX either, you can carry a balance if you chose and the Rebate comes in a form of a Costco Gift Check in Feb. which you are able to submit for a cash reimbursement.

Costco's prices are on par with Sam's Club and there is actually two competeing across the stree from eachother in Fresno. Costco has the best tire deals and they have great customer service and a return policy that is the industry standard. I buy as much major stuff as I can there becasue I know that if it breaks, Costco will take it back. It's just too bad that people try to take advantage of their computer policy, which is why they have changed it.

My mom works for the carpet vendor in Costco and we have done price compros of her products to the comprable product in a local carpet store and her items are usually 30 to 50% cheaper for the same level of quality and style. Hard to beat, but it's still not cheap stuff like home depot and lowes have that will wear out in 4 years.

Haven't written this much in a long time. Guess it shows you how much I believe in this store.

Things I have bought at Costco

Ipods, Digital Cameras, TVs, cookware, tires, knives food and so much more....

The nearest Costco is not so close to me but BJ's and Sam's Club are. My family used to shop at Sam's but once BJ's opened we switched because it was cleaner, brighter, etc. Better shopping environment.

I can't believe I missed the Wal-Mart vs. Target thread.

I normally go to Costco two or three times a week.

168567[/snapback]

Damn, I hope it's not to do traditional shopping. I could only see going there more than 1 or 2 x a month to pick up something to eat (the Chicken Bake $ 2.69 or the Hot Dog/Coke for $ 1.50) or to gas up, but not for anything inside the warehouse.

Our family heads there once a week to do shopping, like milk, bread, meats (good stuff too) juice, etc.

Plus, it's where I get my Whey Protein and Creatine. :censored: GNC. I'm never going there again. They tricked me into thinking I'd be looking at trucks...

The quality of their produce has been worsening recently here... we had to throw away a pineapple, half a watermelon, and some grapes. And they installed our directional tires wrong. Besides that, Costco has been pretty good, though it's not really that much cheaper compared to products on sale elsewhere.

I have a Costco card from work. I use it about once a year or two, getting replacement heads for my razor and vitamins. I used to have a friend with whom I'd food shop for produce, but she moved bac to NYC and I started shopping at the Grand Central Market downtown, which is dirt cheap.

I live alone, so the gallon o'mayo stuff is not for me. There's cheap gas, but it makes no sense to drive all the way to Van Nuys to save, what, a buck? My car has about a six cup tank.

I may go there for tires, though.

Never heard of BJ's and never been in a Costco.. I guess they (Costco) went out of business around here in the early 90s (so I hear) but they're starting to pop up everywhere over here once again. So, therefore I've only heard of and visited Sam's. As a matter of fact, I ordered my first set of glasses in 6 years from Sam's just this afternoon..

Damn, I hope it's not to do traditional shopping.  I could only see going there more than 1 or 2 x a month to pick up something to eat (the Chicken Bake $ 2.69 or the Hot Dog/Coke for $ 1.50) or to gas up, but not for anything inside the warehouse.

168576[/snapback]

In the past 7 days, I've been to Costco 6 times (in 4 different cities), but I didn't buy much: 2 tanks of gas, 2 pizzas, 1 polish dog and drink, 1 chocolate yogurt, and 1 smoothie. Next week, I'm planning to buy a digital camera there. There's an in-store coupon for a Casio Exilim EX-Z60 for $200.

Heard of 'em all... we haev primarily BJ's & Costco but there's a SAMs'

or two as well in the area. I voted other because I'm not a member or

frequent shopper of ANY of them but I used to buy a lot of Maist 1:18

cars at BJs as they used to be $9.99 back in the day! Prety good

versus the $15-25 they cost everywhere else.