Weird Love

Cory Wolfe

i have a thing for old porsche 356's.

Posted Image

167805[/snapback]

Good taste, love those things.

And BV, is there any car out there you haven't fallen in love with at least once? Next week its going to be the VW Scirocco or Hyundai Tiburon or Pontiac Grand Am GT or something else that was a POS.

And BV, is there any car out there you haven't fallen in love with at least once?  Next week its going to be the VW Scirocco or Hyundai Tiburon or Pontiac Grand Am GT or something else that was a POS.

167808[/snapback]

Hah... I can post about every single car that appeals to me if you want to read a picture novel. :D

Anywho... I have aquired tastes, unlike you *cough* Solara *cough* :ohyeah:

Good taste, love those things.

And BV, is there any car out there you haven't fallen in love with at least once?  Next week its going to be the VW Scirocco or Hyundai Tiburon or Pontiac Grand Am GT or something else that was a POS.

167808[/snapback]

Is it wrong that I like all three of those designs? (last gen of each)

Hah... I can post about every single car that appeals to me if you want to read a picture novel. :D

Anywho... I have aquired tastes, unlike you *cough* Solara *cough* :ohyeah:

167829[/snapback]

Nah, 68 has a monopoly on that first part, plus I think you already have posted pictures of just about every car made since 1987.

And seriously, the dude who bitches and moans about wanting RWD/4cyl/manual/coupe then buys a FWD/6cyl/auto/sedan is saying that he has "acquired taste" even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually know what that phrase means.

And seriously, the dude who bitches and moans about wanting RWD/4cyl/manual/coupe then buys a FWD/6cyl/auto/sedan is saying that he has "acquired taste" even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually know what that phrase means.

167882[/snapback]

Heh... I still want one. But unlike Sixty8, I'm fine with FWD. I do regret getting a V6 (25mpg and less sucks) and the one thing I'd want to change is the transmission. Haha... but most of bitching was exaggerated, though, because people were throwing absolutely unacceptable suggestions at me (Century... *gag*). Plus, who could pass up such a good deal? A Millenia for only $1500 with nothing wrong with it... It rocks. And it actually handles for what it is. Still soft but has impressive limitations. A slightly sportier suspension, better tires, and a manual transmission swap would completely please me. :D

However, I'm afraid I do know what that means and how to spell it, Camry lover. :P

Nah, 68 has a monopoly on that first part, plus I think you already have posted pictures of just about every car made since 1987.

167882[/snapback]

Merging BV's and Sixty8's posts would result in the largest pictorial encyclopedia of cars ever. And also end the world.

You only get 25 mpg? Sometimes i get 27 on the highway with my fuel chuging 5.0l V8. Also all Autos have downsides. but what is key is the reliabilty factor. We all know Hydramatic can build the best damn 4 speed auto ever. I cant count how many times I was pissed off about somting and either Reverse to drive slam or neutral slam my GM 4spd auto cars. Or hauling a 2 1/2 ton loaded trailor doing 85 passing people.

If you can say that a Century does not fit the spot as a reliable beater than somthing is really wrong with you. Also why are you so picky over cars that you could have had for cheaper. under 20 years old the average person just needs transportation somthing that runs. over the time that you didnt have a car to drive you refused to pick up a wrench and try to tinker around with it. Or you passed up great deals on cars but you passed since you didnt like it. All of use at one point drove cars we hated but we drove them since we needed them. Almost everyones first or second car was just cheap and ugly but it got the job done untill our jobs gave us enough money to get a car we wanted. Speaking of jobs.... Oh wait i wont go there.

To Defend Satty, A Camry Solara is a nice cheap and relieble transportation. It is a top notch competitor in its class there is no deneing that. So he has perfect reasons other than the Names Toyota or Camry, that he bought the car with. On top of that it saved him from serious injury too.

Edited by capriceman

You only get 25 mpg?

Sometimes 26mpg.

If you can say that a Century does not fit the spot as a reliable beater than somthing is really wrong with you. Also why are you so picky over cars that you could have had for cheaper. under 20 years old the average person just needs transportation somthing that runs. over the time that you didnt have a car to drive you refused to pick up a wrench and try to tinker around with it. Or you passed up great deals on cars but you passed since you didnt like it. All of use at one point drove cars we hated but we drove them since we needed them. Almost everyones first or second car was just cheap and ugly but it got the job done untill our jobs gave us enough money to get a car we wanted. Speaking of jobs.... Oh wait i wont go there.

One, I didn't say a Century didn't fit the spot as a reliable beater. Well... the rest of what I could say is easily explained on my views of "beaters" and beating cars. I rest my case.

Two, I'm picky because I can be. Everyone only "needs" basic transportation. No one needs expensive cars. People buy within their budget. I did the same and I had every right to be picky over what I could afford.

Three, tinker with what? I didn't refuse to.. I just realised it was hopeless. After my dad worked on it, looks like I realised right. Now it sits at my grandparents unwilling to run. I love Quad4s. So... if my dad couldn't fix it, there wasn't anything I could have done.

Four, no, no, no... I didn't pass up anything intentionally. Where do you think I got my money from? My ATV. I didn't sell it until a week before my GA blew up. And the only good deal I ever found was my Millenia for $1500. Wait... I didn't pass it up... Hmm... Oh, and it was cheap, too. Imagine that.

Five, I've been looking for a job lately. Sorry I don't keep you up to date on things. :D

To Defend Satty, A Camry Solara is a nice cheap and relieble transportation. It is a top notch competitor in its class there is no deneing that. So he has perfect reasons other than the Names Toyota or Camry, that he bought the car with. On top of that it saved him from serious injury too.

167949[/snapback]

Haha... I was joking around with him about it. I like the Solara. :P