HOLDEN COMMODORE UNVEILING

regfootball

Caprice had knock out Buick written all over it.

SS said Pontiac in its styling. The fender vent makes sense of the GXP vent.

Calais Was eligant and taste full.

I know many changes to the styling may change vs what we get in some of the models they plan to release here. But if they so as well of a job on the Chevy , Buick and Pontiac GM will have a hit on their hands.

I did note the ss will come standard with 19" wheels and 20" as an option.

3.6 V6 was the base engine. Can any one conver the metric 270 KW to HP for the base V8?

Edited by hyperv6

I just watched it, but GM has yet to post any pictures for some reason.

167258[/snapback]

I just checked the holden website and there are no pics yet

that SSV was nice. a cross between a 3 series, a mazda 6 and an altima. just the right stance. with a pontiac grille and decent interior and awd its in my garage

Edited by regfootball

I think they look great in a very mainstream brand kind of way. They'd make great Chevys. I don't think the designs are daring enough to be Pontiacs or Buicks. If, however, Pontiac needed to get some rebadged product in a hurry, the VE would be first on my list.

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

It's like halfway between Europe and America. It's slightly red-white-and-blue aggressive, but still old-worlde refined at the same time. It's a blue-collar M5.

These would make such wonderful Pontiacs and Buicks.

They're also here:

PHOTOS

My God those are gorgeous interiors. There is no way GMNA would bring an interior so beautiful here. Sure, the overall look the interiors has been copied by every auto company under the sun but you can tell just by looking at the high-res photos that the materials are top notch and the Radio/HVAC controls and gauges are beautiful... that's why you probably won't see this kind of high quality interior on anything other then a Caddy/Buick/or Saturn unless GM is extremely serious about beating the the Asians and the Germans in the interior department. Could you imagine this on a Chevy or Pontiac? Hell no.. but I'm still hoping.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Looking at our current Impala, Malibu, LaCrosse, Monte Carlo, and so on, I can't help but think... GM of NA doesn't understand what the NA people want. Do they really think our tastes are that bad? I wonder how much better off GM cars would be if they told Australia or Germany to do it all.

Back to the VE, they better not "domesticize" it, a la Vectra to Malibu.

Edited by empowah

They're also here:

PHOTOS

My God those are gorgeous interiors.  There is no way GMNA would bring an interior so beautiful here.  Sure, the overall look the interiors has been copied by every auto company under the sun but you can tell just by looking at the high-res photos that the materials are top notch and the Radio/HVAC controls and gauges are beautiful... that's why you probably won't see this kind of high quality interior on anything other then a Caddy/Buick/or Saturn unless GM is extremely serious about beating the the Asians and the Germans in the interior department.  Could you imagine this on a Chevy or Pontiac?  Hell no.. but I'm still hoping.

167280[/snapback]

I'm not getting the pics! there is no release or link to pics. what am i missing

looks like GMi has pics

Edited by regfootball

OH MY! that's a nice car!

the interior is QUALITY (a dirty word in michigan). watch em put the new corp radio in them and ruin everything.

I can live without the metal stripe on the dash, but otherwise the exterior is tremendous! much better than the spy pics.

actually, i think the interiors may be a bit off putt for the US, not interms of quality, but some of the ergonomics and design theme. i.e. window switch locs and radio / Climate cntrl too low, clumsy hadbrake integration, and clumsy cupholder location. i hope the SSV front is much improved with aPontiac grille.

The side views of each car are 100% correct in terms of proportion and the back is likewise great. the stance of the car is perfect.

this might be weird to say, but the caprice is like a combo of an A8, S-Class and Suzuki Forenza all rolled into one aussie doobie.

in any event, these cars are HOT.

Edited by regfootball

BTW, how come it's listed as MY2006?

167333[/snapback]

i was curious about that.

what dya think of the galant tailamps.? lol

i love the aggressive stance of the car. Its forward oriented without the severe cab forward look of the chryslers. its leaning forwards. Its not the flopped back look of the past GM cars, where the hood is an acre long and the cabin glass is laid back.

even if many of the design elements are stolen here, combined it looks great. NOW, DOES THIS FINALLY PROVE to the remaining naysayers that THE CHARGER IS A BUTT ASS UGLY CAR?

and someone please try to say the azera is a nice looking car now too

Edited by regfootball

i cant really tell the difference between most of the pictures presented...

i think one looked ot have a longer wheelbase, or atleast the rear wheel was less obtrusive to the rear door

but i saw like 4 different images, different cars... were they all the same car or different sizes?

They showed 3 cars last night with the Calais and SS sharing one wheel base and the Caprice with a longer wheel base.

Zeta has a expandable platform so this car can produce many different wheel bases including a short coupe and that is where the Camaro comes in.