6 Overrated Cars

VenSeattle

#1 should be a tie between Camry and Accord.  They are very good, but not anywhere near as good as everyone claims.

BMW belongs on the list for the same reason.

Durango isn't good enought o be overated.

189919[/snapback]

I agree on the camcord and the Durango (which is also painfully ugly)

I disgree on the 3: It may be overpriced, and suffer from Bangle's corrupt touch, but is still a benchmark car. The last pre-Bangle M3 is a classic in my book and I would consider buying a clean example after the "silly money" portion of the price wears off.

The Prius should top the list.

I have a more generous view of the 300 (though the base car is pointless). The Charger gets all of my LX hate. It is stunningly ugly and a cheap re-badge in my view. I like the 300, but would buy a Magnum first. The upcoming Challenger is sex on wheels and redeems DCX's other mis-steps with LX.

Land Rovers have always been quirky, overpriced, British silliness and remain so. But an old Defender90 would be fun to play with.

Viper: Styling edge is most definetly lost. It might be a better all-around car now, but it lacks the visceral appeal of the original. I'll take a late last-gen GTS coupe in blue, thank you. :AH-HA_wink:

Oh yeah, Porsche SUVs are a crime against nature.

ive been in an R/T... and it sucked... you floor it and hear lots of great noises from the "HEMI" but feel nothing...

167007[/snapback]

Seriously, if you floored a Charger R/T and felt nothing then I'd take that car back to the dealer to be checked. The Hemi has plenty of stones. I have spent LOTS of time behind the wheel of a Magnum RT AWD, which is heavier then the RWD Charger, and it's plenty fast.

Heres my list

1. Any Toyota Product

2. Any Honda Product

3. Any BMW

4 Any other Import Car

5 Ford F 150

6 Ford Mustang

167205[/snapback]

At least Ford had the balls to make a RWD V8 manual shift car continuously, and not puss out like GM did when it killed the F-body. You gotta gove them respect for that. I'd say the current Mustang is a pretty decent value and a fun drive.

My list of overrated cars would be:

1. Toyota Camry

2. Toyota Prius

3. Lexus in general

4. Pontiac G6

5. Cadillac Escalade (it lacks many features that were standard luxury fare in the 90s...i.e. express up/down windows, REAL wood, etc. it looks amazing, but it lacks as much substance as the hype claims...hence overrated)

Most underrated:

1. Cadillac SRX

2. SAAB 9-3

3. Lincoln Navigator

4. Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer

5. Ford Expedition

1 - BMW 3-Series

Our beef: Price and misapplied prestige

166796[/snapback]

Um, are you kidding? You put the effing 3-Series ahead of the Durango and Prius let alone putting it on the list in the first place. There are many other vehicles to put on this list far ahead of the 3-Series.
2 - Dodge Durango

Our beef: So many others do it so much better

166796[/snapback]

Yes, yes, yes. Durango is pretty much the worst SUV in its class. My parents own one... I would know.
3 - Dodge Viper SRT 10

Our beef: It's lost its design edge

166796[/snapback]

Are you flipping crazy?! I still think it looks worlds better than the C6 (although the rear of the SRT-10 convertible is too plain).. and don't get me wrong, I love the C6. If you've got "beef" with the SRT-10, blame it on the interior, weight, performance vs. cost, something... not the "design edge."
4 - Porsche Cayenne

Our beef: Tarnishes the brand

166796[/snapback]

Uhh yeah.. I'm sure there are other vehicles to pick on than the Cayenne. It really doesn't tarnish the brand, just makes it more diverse. At least they gave it the looks and performance edge that comes standard in a Porsche.
5 - Land Rover Range Rover

Our beef: The second-mortgage maintenance bills

166796[/snapback]

Alright, I'll side with you on that.

6 - Toyota Prius

Our beef: The mileage is less than advertised

166796[/snapback]

I'd agree.. but I'd put it higher on the list. Oh, and you forgot that it's styling blows.. but you complained about the Viper? Dumbasses.

Dodge Durango, for price-to-value and passenger/cargo room, is why if in the market, is what I would get if I were shopping for a large (truck-based) SUV-the Tahoe is just same-old (and its an old, stale formula, IMO), but Durango has some edge, is a better value than the mid-size TrailBlazer or Grand Cherokee, and of course, in most forms (unless you got suckered to buy the weaker V-6 or weak 4.7-liter V-8), has a HEMI. That, is why Durango exists-because otherwise there would be no large SUV at the Chrysler Group.

169266[/snapback]

You obviously have never owned one (at least of the current generation). They single-handedly define the term "piece of $h!." Edited by NOS2006