Wal-Mart Lingo

mustang84

Well lets see, within a stone's throw of my house there are two Winn Dixies, and two Publix-es. I normally go to Publix becaues the deal is better and the people are a hell of a lot nicer. I try to stay away from Wal-Mart no matter what, if I can't get it at Publix, I normally don't bloody worry about it. I don't buy a lot of clothes, and when I do, I can't exactly buy them at Wal-Mart, or anywhere else except somewhere that specializes in someone of my stature. Electronics aren't a big thing at our house, and since I work at Car Quest, I don't have to worry about vehicle products, I can get the best in the business from there.

Interesting info about the pay.  Didn't know that.

I presume you shop at the one right before the Oak Street Bridge coming north from YVR.  That's the only one I've seen in your fair city/area.

167796[/snapback]

Yep.

And with our family of five, it's a weekly visit.

Another interesting thing about Costco vs Wal-Mart is their political donations...

Wal-Mart was the largest donater to the Bush Campaign in 2004, with almost $100,000.

I couldn't find the amount Costco donated to the Democrats, but Costco has a much higher concentration in Democrat strongholds. Wal-Mart has stores aplenty in Red States.

The people in Costco who serve hot dogs make $16 (American) an hour, and the starting wage is 10 Bucks for people on the floor.

Wal-Mart, well, likes to keep the wages at $7, and opposes higher minimum wages.

It's pretty interesting as to how the companies can look so similar at times, are very different.

Info

Another interesting thing about Costco vs Wal-Mart is their political donations...

Wal-Mart was the largest donater to the Bush Campaign in 2004, with almost $100,000.

I couldn't find the amount Costco donated to the Democrats, but Costco has a much higher concentration in Democrat strongholds. Wal-Mart has stores aplenty in Red States.

The people in Costco who serve hot dogs make $16 (American) an hour, and the starting wage is 10 Bucks for people on the floor.

Wal-Mart, well, likes to keep the wages at $7, and opposes higher minimum wages.

It's pretty interesting as to how the companies can look so similar at times, are very different.

Info

168101[/snapback]

$16 an hour to server hotdogs!? :stupid:

I love Wal-mart I can spend hours in there...matter of fact I was at a Super Walmart which is huge...it had a full grocery store, a full McDonalds and I believe a bank in it....plus all the Wal-Mart items. I spent about 3 and a half hours in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Wal-Mart. It's always crowded, there are always lines (20 items does not constitute an express line!), and most of the people look and act like they drink tainted water. I try to avoid whenever possible (especially on Welfare and SSI days), but some things are cheap enough that I will go on occasion. I usually buy limeade, juice, crackers and a big box of fudge rounds, motor oil when I need it and an occasional Johnny Lightning car.

I let my Costco membership lapse because of the bulk thing. I bought TP there a year ago and I still have some left. It wasn't worth the membership dues for just one person. I do support the idea though.

Guest YellowJacket894

No Costco's in Kentucky.

168098[/snapback]

I wouldn't actually mind one, though...ten bucks an hour as a starting wage is pretty good cash. Pissy customers, crying kids...so what? At least you have a stock crew or cashier job that pays well enough to let you give the finger to those assholes at Wally-World.

I let my Costco membership lapse because of the bulk thing.  I bought TP there a year ago and I still have some left.  It wasn't worth the membership dues for just one person.  I do support the idea though.

173082[/snapback]

Hehheh..this reminds me, I always buy TP in 24-, 36- or 48- packs..you can never have too much TP.

Wal Mart=white trash, its that simple.  I dont shop at Wal Mart for the same reason I dont drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, dont have a giant belt buckle or John Deere cap, dont have a 3rd gen Camaro and dont get off on "stock cars" turning left for 6 hours, I'm not a fan of the white trash culture, and thats what Wal-Mart welcomes.

166761[/snapback]

Easy there hypocritic biggot you live in a bubble and just farted.................

Walmart here is the only store. 30 miles for a Target which we prefer but not weekly or even monthly. Must be we are too busy and tired from working "white trash" to make the trip to the city so we could pretent not to be "white trash". There is other grocery stores, P&C, Price Chopper, if you wanna throw away an extra 50 bucks a week to put food on the table.

Our area was primarily white country folks from all walks of life, education, life styles, tax brackets, dress codes, ect. ect. ect. It is a State College town that also draws college students from all areas and walks of life. Our Walmart is clean, and the workforce is decent, not always too smart but respectful, something you could learn, Im thinking and trying to define the term "trash"..........respectful - trash- disrespectful - not trash ? ? ? go ponder that, what a quandry, the source of that term "trash"...........ANYHOW............. Most of the clothing is not much, my "wife" who works at this areas Walmart Distribution Center does not buy her cloths from Walmart but mine do come from there. I only wear Wranglers and Hanes............thats it...........they are a tool of my trade, white socks are white socks and my boots come from Cabelas............that is my life........................I AM NOT TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a hard working, respectful where respect is shown, contributing member of socioty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYHOW

Since Walmart moved in 8 years ago our area has become flooded with Blacks & Hispanics............funny thing is they dont work there...........or is that "dont work?" I know those little tan people arent supporting that line up of children they have, 2' tall, 3'tall, 3.5' tall, 4' tall, 4.5' tall, 5' tall, 5.5' tall, a 25 year old woman that looks like shes 45..............da'ys ainst a gettin supported by theirs fathers minimum wage check. They are however running rampant throughout the store. There are also the handful of "White" families that look very similar. They are not the majority.

Now take a ride down 30 miles to the Walmart in Schenectady, an area called Rotterdam. An area that was primarily blue coller Italian and Irish populations. This was a decent clean area when I grew up and lived even closer than today, its where Mom and Grandma used to shop. All the old "chain stores" faded as is the trend previously mentioned by other posters. Today there is a Walmart there. That area now is primarily Hispanic, mideastern and Black. That Walmart is a pig sty, we stopped in there once on the way home to get dog food and were totally disgusted. I'd say less than 10% of the people in there were white, including the workforce. So by that I would say we country "redneck" "white trash" have far more pride and standards than I am seeing in the old overun suburban areas.

It is what it is and those that know nothing about which they speak should curb their tongue.

Now for my wife working at the Distribution Center. Shes been there since it opened and left a warehouse job in Albany to work for Walmart because it was by far a higher paying job. After 8 years she is making far more money than the dick head that took over at Delphi offered their workforce...................does that make him "white trash" ?

***All hardworking, respectful, decent members of socioty from the Black & Hispanic cultures..........take no insult, Im just calling a spade a spade and I was just called "white trash" I did not use any such insulting "names" toward your people. There are aspect of some cultures I do not like but they also exist within my own White American culture, I am aware of this.............seems others are not ! I have broke sweat and blood side by side with both Black and Hispanic men and those individuals have my utmost respect as I do theirs.

Seems some posters here post comments that indicate their age is much lower than it actually is

wanna do ass-h ? I can do ass-h, no problem............just another park another Sunday

:pokeowned: