SRT RIP: The End of the V10 Ram

Variance

Performance trucks are dumb if they cost as much as a Corvette, which is why the SRT10 Ram was pointless.

GM needs to bring out a Silverado SS in single cab, short box style with a 6-speed manual and about 420+HP, and sell if for $28k. We don't need an extended cab SS with all the bells and whistles for $45k, because most people would just buy a Corvette instead.

Performance trucks... who cares. They're truly pointless. A truck is meant to haul items, trailers, and other things. Hauling ass shouldn't be one of them.

That's why one should buy a Corvette, CTS-V, 300C SRT-8, or something of the likes. The last two are still roomy, and can carry probably as many (possible minus one) people as these trucks.

Now is this not an obvious clue telling us the Viper's about to get a new/different engine?

165053[/snapback]

YUP! :pbjtime:

Admittedly I think the Ram SRT-10 is only a niche truck - oh wait that is what they wanted it to be...

After getting to drive one on an autocross I can appreciate how much fun a huge truck can actually be.. :thumbsup:

Now is this not an obvious clue telling us the Viper's about to get a new/different engine?

165053[/snapback]

A HEMI'd Viper :scratchchin:

The one thing ironic about this is that when the Silverado SS came out it was bashed big time for not being competitive with the SRT-10 or the Lightning, yet has survived both.

I still don't like the Silverado SS, although I have to agree there is a certain mystique about doing a four-wheel burn out. To me it seemed like the SRT-10 Dodge just wasn't marketed well, I only saw one commercial for it during its entire run, so maybe that's why. Or maybe there's going to be some new Dodge super truck that comes out since they're retiring this one.

Guest YellowJacket894

If you're going to make a sports truck for a niche market, here's the best formula to follow:

-Bolt in your second largest engine, massage it to make semi-uber horsepower.

-Use regular cab or crew cab (for those with a family) bodystyles only.

-Choice between stepside (if available) or fleetside beds.

-Make almost everything an option (radio, windows, locks, hell even air conditioning).

-Make AWD or 4WD an option.

-Subtle badging, body kit, and cooling ducts.

-Three color options: black, charcoal gray, or silver.

-No stupid spoilers bolted to the bed.

-No flashy graphics.

-No stupid hoodscoops.

-Price tag under around $35,000.

People like to have the ability to haul a boat, haul ass, and show off the goods at car shows and cruises all in the same truck.

Edited by YellowJacket894

• 2 weeks later...