Major price increase for 3-series coupe

Drew Dowdell

Link

The new 328i Coupe will start at $35,995, compared with $32,995 for this year's 325Ci Coupe. The potent 335i Coupe starts at $41,295, compared with $38,295 for the current 330Ci Coupe. A new 328xi Coupe, with all-wheel drive, will also be available for the first time.

This gives the upcoming CTS Coupe some breathing room in regards to price.....

Yeah... It gives the CTS coupe some breathing room, but I'll even admit that the new 3-Series coupe is beautiful. The pics at TCC make it look fantastic. It will command the price premium if the CTS coupe has any flaws.

I'll give Cadillac credit though. The few glimpses that we've seen of the next CTS make it look class-leading inside and out as well. This will be fun to watch. :thumbsup:

Did they dump the "sedans get odd numbers, coupes get even numbers" scheme? If they didn't, this would be a 4-series that we're talking about.

Did they dump the "sedans get odd numbers, coupes get even numbers" scheme? If they didn't, this would be a 4-series that we're talking about.

164884[/snapback]

They appear to be backing away from that plan for the 3-series....

waaaay too much brand equity in having a 3-series

thwe ass is not attractive enough ... I have to say I liked the pre-bangle version better ....

and I am a big fan of the 3series - but the new design -especially in the back is not as nice - I think that is hy I like the 3-wagon so much.

Igor

The new 3, coupe or sedan, are so very color/wheel combo dependent that Caddy has a great openning, if the new CTS is all that.

164892[/snapback]

this is true, but when they get it right, boy do they get it right. the new 3 sedan is stunning in black sport trim.

Link

The new 328i Coupe will start at $35,995, compared with $32,995 for this year's 325Ci Coupe. The potent 335i Coupe starts at $41,295, compared with $38,295 for the current 330Ci Coupe. A new 328xi Coupe, with all-wheel drive, will also be available for the first time.

164832[/snapback]

Considering that the new 328i Coupe offers better performance than the 330Ci, one could say that it's $2300 cheaper than before.

164832[/snapback]

Considering that the new 328i Coupe offers better performance than the 330Ci, one could say that it's $2300 cheaper than before.

164954[/snapback]

I agree.....and that price in the low-$40's for the TWIN-turbo, 300hp 335Ci sounds like a GREAT deal to me......that means that a loaded 335Ci should still be well under $50K....

It sounds like an awesome car......and much better looking in the ass end than the 3-Series sedan.

I agree.....and that price in the low-$40's for the TWIN-turbo, 300hp 335Ci sounds like a GREAT deal to me......that means that a loaded 335Ci should still be well under $50K....

164961[/snapback]

That's an interesting comment... if the 335i is $50k loaded, what does that make the M3, $65k? The CTS-V will destroy it if that's the case.

164954[/snapback]

It sounds like an awesome car......and much better looking in the ass end than the 3-Series sedan.

164961[/snapback]

or spend 5 to 7 grand more and get a CTS-V with an oh so tunable 400hp.

That's an interesting comment... if the 335i is $50k loaded, what does that make the M3, $65k? The CTS-V will destroy it if that's the case.

165008[/snapback]

RS4 starts at $66K... should be interesting how much the CLK63 is.

or spend 5 to 7 grand more and get a CTS-V with an oh so tunable 400hp.

165092[/snapback]

Yeah....but 330 buyers can do that now if they wanted to......

All I'm saying.....is BMW to BMW.....a loaded 330i sport/nav/premium is around an MSRP of $45K and change.

If the 335Ci coupe comes in around $47-49K loaded, I think, relative to the non-twin-turbo'd 330 sedan, that's a nice deal considering the classier looks and large increase in performance.