World Cup Soccer

trinacriabob

Who would you like to see the World Cup?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the World Cup?

• Italy
    • France
    • Don't understand soccer
    • Don't care
    • Other - explain

Tonight is the final match. It is Italy versus France.

Unlike the Super Bowl or the World Series, the World Cup only occurs once every 4 years....why, I don't know. It is being played in Berlin tonight.

Any takes?

This is the first time I've actually watched it, and I found it surprisingly gripping and exciting. (The fact that everyone else in the office would suddenly migrate to a bar to watch made it more interesting :P )

WE WON!!! WE WON!!!

The Guidos won.

"Ribit" to the French.

Obrigado, ZL-1, sou muito contento!

I only wonder where they are overturning cars at this moment. <_<

Something tells me the French are not well liked...even aside from this match-up. Aww....too bad...

Good luck getting an international call through to Italy...I just tried to congratulate my cousins....it ain't happenin'

Edited by trinacriabob

Something tells me the French are not well liked...even aside from this match-up.  Aww....too bad...

Good luck getting an international call through to Italy...I just tried to congratulate my cousins....it ain't happenin'

164610[/snapback]

wondering if the water pressure in the entire country dropped at half time.

or those couple of minutes after ot and pks.

go italia!

About the whole head butt thing:  Apparently, the Italian guy called the French dude a "dirty terrorist."  He is of Algerian descent.

165026[/snapback]

... which the Italian is denying...

Anyway, Zidane is supposed to speak about the incident in the next couple days. Either way... lots of &#036;h&#33; is said during a soccer game, he just picked the wrong time and the wrong way to retaliate.

About the whole head butt thing:  Apparently, the Italian guy called the French dude a "dirty terrorist."  He is of Algerian descent.

165026[/snapback]

That doesn't surprise me. European soccer is pretty notorious for having players taunted for their race/ethnicity. Thierry Henry's actually done a lot of work to speak out against all of the racist chants that go on at games.

... which the Italian is denying...

Anyway, Zidane is supposed to speak about the incident in the next couple days.  Either way... lots of &#036;h&#33; is said during a soccer game, he just picked the wrong time and the wrong way to retaliate.

165042[/snapback]

I didn't know the Italian was denying.