How to remove scuff marks from your doors, etc...

Northstar

empowah made a comment about Chevyguy2001's spotless interior, and that reminded me of how I have to make sure the used cars' interiors are basically spotless too, and I thought some people might like to know how to remove scuff marks.

If you have scuff marks from hitting the door with your feet (or from anything anywhere) and it won't come off with normal soap and water, simply take a rag, apply a little bit of paint thinner to a small part of it, and rub on the scuff mark. It should come off after just a little bit of rubbing. When you are rubbing, make sure you don't rub too hard or for a very long amount of time or it may take the paint off the door panel or area you are removing the scuff marks.

I may do a pictoral tomorrow when I clean out the GTO's interior, but I think it's pretty sell-explanitory.

And there's your lesson for the day, kids :P

Well, at work we'd spray them either white wall cleaner or acid. You can spray the tires with acid but I'm not sure about the paint... if the bumper is chrome then you can spray that with acid, and you can spray the wheels with acid too.

If it's on plastic I'd just use white wall and let it sit on there for a minute or so and then scrub it off with a wash mit or whatever. If you have a power washer this also helps.

I'm not sure where we get the acid from, but I'm sure you'd be able to get it somewhere. It's kind of a red-orange color and we just put it in spray bottles and spray it on. It works great on wheels, tires, and chrome bumpers and also works great if you have acid rain stains on your windows (glass cleaner won't take it off). Simply spray it on the windows, wipe it off, then spray on glass cleaner and wipe it off, and the stains will be gone.