Blizzard of '06 (My Pictures)

Bimmer325

I found these while cleaning out my computer earlier today. They were taken by myself during a 30" snowfall this winter outside of our house. These were taken earlier in the day before the snowfall ended, but you get the idea. Maybe they'll help everyone cool off.

Car 1

Posted Image

Cars 2 and 3 (before car 3 was totalled)

Posted Image

8 AM

Posted Image

11 AM

Posted Image

Yeah, that was fun shovelling. I moved that day--started at the asscrack of dawn, managed with 2 friends to have everything swapped and returned the truck as it was just starting to come down. Drove home from the U-Haul place during it, by time I got home (30 minutes later), an inch was already on the ground.

Words cannot express my hatred for snow, solely for how my car gets caked with rock salt after driving through it. I've really grown tired of the cold...if I never saw snow again I don't think I'd care.

Words cannot express my hatred for snow, solely for how my car gets caked with rock salt after driving through it. I've really grown tired of the cold...if I never saw snow again I don't think I'd care.

164004[/snapback]

Give me snow over heat and humidity anyday.

I love the snow. But of course I live in Canada, eh. We all live in igloos up here, lol. I cant believe some people think we live in igloos, etc. My friend lived in Canada but moved to the US and he had classmates ask him if Canadians lived in igloos. He has a good sense of humour so he led them on.

I like snow and winter. However, I am getting tired of plowing.

I have plowed every snowstorm here since 1985 and it's beginning to get old.

In the '96 storm I plowed for 74 hours with 1- 2 hr. break and 1- 4 hour break.

That was one hell of a marathon, the roads were closed for several days and it was illegal to drive unless you were driving an emergency vehicle (snowplows qualified).

For once, I'd just like to play in the snow instead of working the storm.

Dude, it's July 8th why are you reminding us of snow?... :blink:

Dude, it's July 8th why are you reminding us of snow?... :blink:

164272[/snapback]

I found these while cleaning out my computer earlier today. 

163680[/snapback]

Here's my '96 Riviera at about the halfway point of the storm as I made the first pass with the snowblower; the way the wind got channeled between the two houses made for a really weird snowdrift on top of the car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's my old '79 Cadillac Coupe DeVille over at Sixty8's house

Posted Image

Bimmer: I was just being facetious. :wink:

I'd never with a straight face say that this thread was any

less relevant or meaningful than the random tangents I

post on an every day basis. :P