Not that I'd ever try to out run a State Trooper since a radio

is quicker than any car but a Charger Statie is much more

intimidating than a Crown Vic wiht a 4.6 Mod motor. Ford

needs to redesign the Crown Vic. Keep it BOF, RWD & V8

obviously but put in the 5.4 so it does 0-60 in less than like

8 sec. otherwise these Dodges will eat up a good portion of

the Interceptor Ford's sales.

Posted Image

This thing is SICK looking in the Mass Navy-Blue & Battleship Gray combo.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Fly: :P

I was going to say: why not black steelies w/ chrome center caps

on the Mass Chargers? And yes, that's pretty bada$$, black is

very flattering but why don't you guys have push-bars?

Sheriff's department. FHP cruisers have pushbars because they live on the highway. There's no such thing as a high-speed pursuit around here; the locals let whoever it is have their fun at a safe distance and they always try to head across one of the four bridges. They get shut down pretty quickly at that point.

Well, at least the Charger. And as long as you don't get inside.

Don't like the Charger's interior?

Eh, way I look at it there's always some little thing to complain about

but at least with a Charger my 3 most important objectives are met:

1. RWD

2. V8 option

3. Domestic

Don't like the Charger's interior?

Eh, way I look at it there's always some little thing to complain about

but at least with a Charger my 3 most important objectives are met:

1. RWD

2. V8 option

3. Domestic

The Charger's interior sucks, but its a Dodge and since Dodge is now low man on the totem pole, who cares? The 300's interior sucks and there's no excuse for that. I'd argue the exterior design also sucks because I can put a $h!load of chrome and an oversized waffle iron on a box with wheels and get a similar result. There's no inspiration, no subtlety, no graceful lines or meaningful little styling tricks - just obnoxious bling and plenty of it. People call it Chrysler's Escalade and to me that's not a compliment. Proper cars have a certain standard above and beyond your typical SUV in terms of design and execution.

In this regard, the Charger is far, far more cohesive and one of the best-styled sedans on the road today. The Magnum looks funny.

They could make a RWD toaster and I'm sure you'd buy it. For me, its about the total package. There are certain qualities I like and those I would choose over others, but if the entire car doesn't come together as something I'd enjoy driving and owning day after day, count me out. I'm not going to settle for a car with RWD but with possibly the worst 190hp V6 engine on earth swathed in cheap-ass plastic with a hood prop.

If by total package you mean a luxury car with a transverse mounted

DOHC motor with femenine styling.... you'll still be able to buy Acuras

& the Lexus ES once GM finally drops the axe on the head of the Lecerne & DTS.

The 300C is very in your face & all about Bling-BLING, you're right

about that but then again a 1935 Duesenberg & 1933 Cadillac V16

were both all about the bling in their day and they're going for a lot

more $$$ than a LaSalle or Buick.

Subtlety is over rated!

Posted Image

The Charger's interior sucks, but its a Dodge and since Dodge is now low man on the totem pole, who cares? The 300's interior sucks and there's no excuse for that. I'd argue the exterior design also sucks because I can put a $h!load of chrome and an oversized waffle iron on a box with wheels and get a similar result. There's no inspiration, no subtlety, no graceful lines or meaningful little styling tricks - just obnoxious bling and plenty of it. People call it Chrysler's Escalade and to me that's not a compliment. Proper cars have a certain standard above and beyond your typical SUV in terms of design and execution.

In this regard, the Charger is far, far more cohesive and one of the best-styled sedans on the road today. The Magnum looks funny.

They could make a RWD toaster and I'm sure you'd buy it. For me, its about the total package. There are certain qualities I like and those I would choose over others, but if the entire car doesn't come together as something I'd enjoy driving and owning day after day, count me out. I'm not going to settle for a car with RWD but with possibly the worst 190hp V6 engine on earth swathed in cheap-ass plastic with a hood prop.

Totally agree. I hate how Chrysler can get away with such awful interiors (Caliber, LX cars, etc).

The 300C is very in your face & all about Bling-BLING, you're right

about that but then again a 1935 Duesenberg & 1933 Cadillac V16

were both all about the bling in their day and they're going for a lot

more $$$ than a LaSalle or Buick.

The difference is those cars elevated the concept of opulance by themselves. The 300C today is watered-down, cut-and-paste cues on a body. Paul Wall has a big, shiny grille - it doesn't make him a real luxury car.

And if you can even mention the 300"C" and real luxury cars like the V16 and Duesenergs in the same breath, then I have no hope for you.

The majority of the people of Massachusetts are probably up in arms.  They wanted Prius police cars!

You're damn right I wish we had Prius police cars; then I'd be able to drive as fast as I want! :lol:

Fly: exageration for effect... :globe:

Fly: exageration for effect... :globe:

Regardless, the 300 is a J.C. Whitney covergirl, not a seriously timeless design in any regard. Want evidence? Look at all the stupid aftermarket grilles people buy for it, replacing the only real link to the authentic 300 letter cars of old.

I certainly see the LX cars differently than you two do!

I hate the flippin Charger -every inch of it. I see it as a "why did you even bother" type of design.

I like the 300C in a luke-warm way, it stands out in a crowd with that low roofline and high beltline. I'm not in love with it but its ok in my book.

I really like the Magnum best of this group, I have a thing for bad-ass wagons and it qualifies. I still think GM could do it better, if they got off their butts and got to it.

But, for now, Magnum is the only game in town when it comes to wagons.

I'll likely forget all three of these cars when Challenger hits the market.

I thought the police Chargers came with the 3.5 V6..... besides, the chargers are made in canada and the engines are made in mexico and the money goes to germany.

163439[/snapback]

They can be either the 3.5L V6 or the Hemi.

And for the record, the 3.5L and the transmissions for all Chargers are built in the U.S.

I certainly see the LX cars differently than you two do!

I hate the flippin Charger -every inch of it. I see it as a "why did you even bother" type of design.

I like the 300C in a luke-warm way, it stands out in a crowd with that low roofline and high beltline. I'm not in love with it but its ok in my book.

I really like the Magnum best of this group, I have a thing for bad-ass wagons and it qualifies. I still think GM could do it better, if they got off their butts and got to it.

But, for now, Magnum is the only game in town when it comes to wagons.

I'll likely forget all three of these cars when Challenger hits the market.

163537[/snapback]

I see the Charger as an OK car but with the wrong name applied to it. Come on Dodge, remember what the Charger was. Its a Dodge 300C. Of coarse, I also don't care for that Dodge truck grill on all of the Dodge cars. I know its not exactly the same but it looks close enough for me.

The Magnum is a cool idea. I always loved powerful wagons. A cool sleeper idea. But again I don't care for that nose. OK, that's just me.

I eagerly await the return of the Challenger and the Camaro. The the Pony Car wars return!

For all I know this might be a 3.5... but that would be retarded.

If I was a cop I'd rather have a Crown Vic. then a V6 Charger,

I'm not expecting Police departments to buy SRT8 6.2 liter

HEMIs but the 3.5 is a little silly.

I guess I shouldn;t have assumed that it was a HEMI... :huh: