Happy Independence Day

zhawk

As I get ready to get off of work this morning and head home from McChord AFB, I thought to wish everyone a happy Indepedence Day.

Its nice to be in the States for this one (last year at this time I was deployed) and able to spend the rest of the day with my family.

Enjoy everyone! :unitedstates:

:5thgen:

YES! Same to you and every one else!

It's a privilege to live here. We are lucky. We really need to be grateful to the men and women who serve this country via the military.

Food for thought: On June 23, I sent my cousin in Italy birthday greetings and a nice "little" check for her birthday (to help her come over again) via international express mail. I used the "track and confirm" feature and it left the United States in a timely manner. It does not show up on the other side (the check has not been cashed, either). The USPS tells me the Italians are delaying mail for changes in how they handle customs. It has missed her June 27 birthday. They are so 'effed up over there, I swear.

As I spent the weekend driving around Los Angeles's yarnwork of freeways and glitzy high-rises, one thinks of what one can achieve.

The Italians (7th or 8th largest GDP in the world) can't do anything unless you put a stick of dynamite under their asses. I love going over there to vacation but kiss the ground when I get back because their incompetence and laziness gets to me.

Happy birthday USA!

Hope evryone had a great one, there were a ton of people in town for the mt rushmore fireworks show, it was unbelievable the people...