Superman Returns

Variance

Who saw it? I did. :)

Visually, not as appealing as X3 or Batman Begins.

Plotwise, not as good as Batman but on-par with (or slightly better than) X3's.

Acting, about asgood as the other two.

I think it may have been a bit too long as well.

Overall, I'd give it a B+. It would find a place in my DVD collection. :thumbsup:

I thought it was a good A...but I'm a Superman nut so I'm biased.

Same here. I thought it kicked major ass. Kevin Spacey is a great Lex Luthor...and a great villain, really. And Brandon Routh did an awesome job following in Christopher Reeve's footsteps--he even looks just like him to a degree. The plotline really kept me on the edge of my seat, what with so many things going wrong all at once, and getting worse as time passes. And there's just those moments where you see Superman flying off to save the day as fast as his flight can carry him, with the Superman theme playing in the background...man, it just gives you goosebumps.

And when they threw humor in there, it was always hilarious:

"Hey, weren't there two of those?" (This got a big "EEEEEWWW" from the whole audience.)

Kitty: "That was really somethin' Lex." Lex: "Wait for it." Kitty: "...................That was really somethin' Lex."

"You're bald!"

Lois: "But I've DONE Superman!" (Everyone, including Clark, looks at her wierd) "I've COVERED him...ugh....never mind!"

"I would trade all the coconuts in the world, and every ounce of your blood for a quart of gasoline!!!"

Same here. I thought it kicked major ass. Kevin Spacey is a great Lex Luthor...and a great villain, really. And Brandon Routh did an awesome job following in Christopher Reeve's footsteps--he even looks just like him to a degree. The plotline really kept me on the edge of my seat, what with so many things going wrong all at once, and getting worse as time passes. And there's just those moments where you see Superman flying off to save the day as fast as his flight can carry him, with the Superman theme playing in the background...man, it just gives you goosebumps.

And when they threw humor in there, it was always hilarious:

"Hey, weren't there two of those?" (This got a big "EEEEEWWW" from the whole audience.)

Kitty: "That was really somethin' Lex." Lex: "Wait for it." Kitty: "...................That was really somethin' Lex."

"You're bald!"

Lois: "But I've DONE Superman!" (Everyone, including Clark, looks at her wierd) "I've COVERED him...ugh....never mind!"

"I would trade all the coconuts in the world, and every ounce of your blood for a quart of gasoline!!!"

I LOVED it....!

I thought they did a great job casting all the roles.

And it was scary how much Brandon sounded like Chris Reeve when saying some of his lines as Superman.

Couple of touching moments.....when Lois' kid goes up to a bed-ridden Superman and kisses him on the cheek......and at the end of the movie right after the main credits....when they dedicated the movie to the "loving memory" of Christopher and Dana Reeve.

Yeah.....I teared up a bit.....I admit it.....especially when they would play the original John Williams Superman theme song throughout the movie.....

Speaking of Brandon Routh, I think I'm totally ready to have his love child......

:lovey:

Lots of plot holes and stupid subplots that didn't matter (Lois smoking, the kid having asthma, Luthor's plan made absolutely no sense, etc). Special effects were OK, but the ending dragged on.

Well, remember that Lois never smoked around the kid. So obviously she couldn't kick the habit but was very careful not to do it around her son or even let him know she was doing it. Also, Lex Luthor's plan made perfect sense if you remember the original film. He was going to blow off half of California after he bought all that land in the desert and then sell the land for extremely high prices since it is ocean front.

Special effects were amazing especially during the airplane scene where he's holding it up by the nose as it's plummeting towards earth. Very convincing.

Now, I'm not a big superman fan. In fact, I only had seen the first two prior to this one so I guess I lucked out after hearing all the bad press about the other sequels. I also never read the comics.

I thought the kid was going to be really annoying too but he wasn't and I was quite surprised.

Bryan Singer did a great job staying true to the Richard Donner films and I'm sure will keep a lot of the fans happy.