GM's SEC Investigations.....

Guest Josh

Guest Josh

While I've been reading much about how Buickman is right, wrong, stupid, ignorant, etc........

Lets remember this.....

While Mr. "Ink," Wagoner may be setting the ship on it's right course.....there are still 4 open investigations from the SEC on GM's finances and....1 law-suit that the company could be on the hook for billions.

1 law-suit that the company could be on the hook for billions.

these lawsuits happen all the time...

your are talking about a company that brings in revenue of almost 200 billion a year...

lawsuits are accounted for in the budget of the vehicles...

they dont assume they are going to build 9 million cars a year without pissing some people off or making a mistake... its gonna happen... just the only thing is, if you know of a problem dont ever put it in writting like ford did with the pinto & the exploding gas tank...

So you're asking GM to behave in an unethical manner?

Mistakes happen. The goal is to minimize the number and size/scope of them. We all know lawyers are scum sucking bottom feeders.

these lawsuits happen all the time...

your are talking about a company that brings in revenue of almost 200 billion a year...

lawsuits are accounted for in the budget of the vehicles...

they dont assume they are going to build 9 million cars a year without pissing some people off or making a mistake... its gonna happen... just the only thing is, if you know of a problem dont ever put it in writting like ford did with the pinto & the exploding gas tank...

Mistakes happen. The goal is to minimize the number and size/scope of them. We all know lawyers are scum sucking bottom feeders.

If my catfish could read that, he'd be insulted.

your wrong about lawyers...

its the people that higher them that are crooked...(usually)

I don't agree. Lawyers are the facilitators. The people that do the hiring don't understand the law, which is why they hire a lawyer. The lawyers tell their clients what they can get away with and what they can't and they advise their clients in particular directions when they know the advice isn't morally correct. It's just legal.

I stand by my original statement. They're whores.

your wrong about lawyers...

its the people that higher them that are crooked...(usually)

I don't agree. Lawyers are the facilitators. The people that do the hiring don't understand the law, which is why they hire a lawyer. The lawyers tell their clients what they can get away with and what they can't and they advise their clients in particular directions when they know the advice isn't morally correct. It's just legal.

I stand by my original statement. They're whores.

I surmise if you are one to say, that an individual that has gone to school for over 8 years... has a doctrine in law... and you call them whores, you would think the same of me, a salesman?

every lawyer i've ever met has been a fantastic person, hard workers, and extremely educated. Do not confuse the common lawyer to Lionel Hutz...

i've got 3 neighbors that live on my street that are lawyers and i have an uncle that is a lawyer...

sure lawyers look for the loop holes, but perhaps the person doing the wrong should have not done it...

here at work, we just got a suit for not enforcing handicap parking... we settled for 18k... just for taking a few pictures... is it really the lawyers fault? its they guy who decided he can make a living off of his lawyer on the stupid people of this world...?

lawsuits and investigations are always going to happen to a large company.

its not the lawyers you should look out for though.

its the accountants.

you can always find a lawyer to represent you, somehwere sown the line its a necessary evil. sure there are some good ones. but try finding a good bookkeeper who knows whats what.

like the line, is there a perfect crime thats ever been committed?

sure it happens every day all the time and no one knows.

I surmise if you are one to say, that an individual that has gone to school for over 8 years... has a doctrine in law... and you call them whores, you would think the same of me, a salesman?

There are plenty of salesmen that are whores too. We have all met them. This does not mean all of them. (This is the problem with generalities. There are always exceptions.)

every lawyer i've ever met has been a fantastic person, hard workers, and extremely educated.  Do not confuse the common lawyer to Lionel Hutz...

i've got 3 neighbors that live on my street that are lawyers and i have an uncle that is a lawyer...

sure lawyers look for the loop holes, but perhaps the person doing the wrong should have not done it...

So are you saying two wrongs make a right?

here at work, we just got a suit for not enforcing handicap parking... we settled for 18k... just for taking a few pictures... is it really the lawyers fault? its they guy who decided he can make a living off of his lawyer on the stupid people of this world...?

This lawsuit is a perfect example. Instead of somebody just calling up and complaining to you that you're not enforcing parking, they decided to drop a dime and call a scumbag lawyer. So now we have two scumbags.

On top of which you actually have 3+ scumbags because you also had the people parking illegally who were also scumbags. Of course in the end, there are plenty of these kinds of people in this country particularly. They're the ones you see throwing cigarette butts out the window and sitting in the left lane of a highway and blocking everyone else from passing.

How's that for cynical? :)

SEC investigations are part of this really important thing called "rule of law". Another important part of "rule of law" is the assumption of innocence until there is a guilty verdict.

When conclusions are drawn from these investigations then there is something to be commented. Or not.

On top of which you actually have 3+ scumbags because you also had the people parking illegally who were also scumbags. Of course in the end, there are plenty of these kinds of people in this country particularly. They're the ones you see throwing cigarette butts out the window and sitting in the left lane of a highway and blocking everyone else from passing.

How's that for cynical? :)

well i hate to tell you but whens the last time you've been to a dealership... they generally have 5-10 parking spaces... and when the weekend rolls around for us... our parking is full... so instead of telling our customers to go find another dealership... we told them they would be alright in the handicapt parking... does this mean, we shouldnt have handicapt parking spaces?... sounds like it to me...

but... i still rest by my case... lawyers are the ones doing the wrong... lawyers are the ones trying to clean up the mess left by someone else...

example, my best friends dad, is beating the hell out of enron in an apeals case after he ahnilated them in the first trial... is he a scum bag for trying to get money out of a company that screwed the world?