Hmmm...

Cory Wolfe

Okay, so it's no secret that my ass is quite lazy. Remember that miss at idle? I never did attempt to fix it. It only did it during idle and it never gave me any problems since... until now, that is. It now misses while there's a heavy load on the engine, especially in lower RPMs during acceleration. Going up hills will just kill it, as it will begin to miss and cause it to be nearly powerless with a bit of shaking. Luckily, I'm able to shift down by the push of a button without accelerating and avoid bogging down. One thing I just recently noticed (never thought about it before, stupid me) is that it will only miss once the engine is up to operating temperature. Now, I remember reading about this somewhere, but I can't remember where. I thought it here on C&G, but I couldn't find it. From what I recall, missing only once the engine is up to normal operating temp means its an oxygen sensor. I think... but I'm not sure. So, if you know what the problem is or atleast know where I can find what I remember reading, help me out here. I'm finally getting some things taken care of on my Millenia, but it won't matter if this missing becomes any more of problem.

I would think that an O2 sensor would trip the Check Engine light if it was a problem. I'd check the basics first - make sure the plugs look good and are gapped properly, and make sure the wires seat correctly on the plugs. Also, do a compression test on all 6 cylinders and make sure one cylinder isn't significantly lower than the others.

I would think that an O2 sensor would trip the Check Engine light if it was a problem. I'd check the basics first - make sure the plugs look good and are gapped properly, and make sure the wires seat correctly on the plugs. Also, do a compression test on all 6 cylinders and make sure one cylinder isn't significantly lower than the others.

Hmm.. the plugs and wires are fine. I still think how it only does it once it up to normal temp has to be a clue as to whats doing it. If it was something with lower compression in one of the cylinders, I'd think it would do no matter the engine temp. I just wish I remember what I read and where it was. Hmmph.

Step 1. Drive down the highway at speed limit +5, wait for agressive tailgater

Step 2. Wait for them to pick up cell phone call... Slam on bakes, brace for impact

Step 3. Cash insurance check for...? $3400 (hypothetically speaking)

Step 4. Take $3400 and buy the best Fiero or 240sx you can find.

Step 5. Repeat if neccessary. :P

Step 1. Drive down the highway at speed limit +5, wait for agressive tailgater

Step 2. Wait for them to pick up cell phone call... Slam on bakes, brace for impact

Step 3. Cash insurance check for...? $3400 (hypothetically speaking)

Step 4. Take $3400 and buy the best Fiero or 240sx you can find.

Step 5. Repeat if neccessary. :P

Yeah the only problem with that is you screw over the guy behind you and possibly cause a deadly accident and then all you need is a couple witnesses that seen you slam on you brakes then you screw yourself over when you get in trouble for insurance fraud.