Mutant Freaks...

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

So, if there was one car you could pick up from the side of the road for cheap, what would it be? You can list as many that come to mind, but keep down to the top three. :AH-HA_wink:

This is what I'm thinking of...

The 1993 Pontiac Sunbird had some odd but interesting changes from the regular bland Cavalier. There was a front faceia that disowned the BMW Kidney-grille setup more commonplace on today's Pontiacs and was more in line with a 1978 Firebird. The interior had an odd layout and very unique instrumentation. Although a bit feminine, with the right mods you can put some chest hair on this J-Body.

Posted Image

Take the above car and apply the following:

-Convert the J-Body platform to rear-drive.

-Paint the body soild pearlescent black.

-Install some much needed HID lighting.

-Leave the interior unmolested, save for some Sparco seats.

-Then drop in a 3800 Supercharged six (according to some sources, that can fit in the Sun-chicken's engine bay).

Another vehicle is something I've (been forced to drive and) swapped to: a 1998 Chevrolet S10. (That's right, I no longer peddle around in my old man's 1999 Dakota V8. Although he's never said it, he's just given me his old work truck. Told me that he wanted to start driving his truck again. The following is really what I'd like to do to it because it's in need of some repair. I am happy that I don't have to pay the higher gasoline prices, though. This still does not affect my plans for buying a Firebird in any way, either. It just means I've got a possible extra vehicle to drive. I may take some photos soon. We'll see.) These trucks have a lot of potential.

Posted Image

Here's what I'd like to do:

-Take the blistered fenders from the Isuzu twin of the S10, the Hombre, and install them on the S10 for a sportier look. Some fabrication is required for the front fenders, but that's okay. The unique look would be worth the time. (Maybe I'd skip on the rear fenders and install a stepside bed... :scratchchin: )

-Paint the body a nice black or the Sunburst Orange Metallic from the Colorado and get a nice change from the oxidizing Indigo Blue Metallic. Remove the peeling (and f@#king stupid) pinstriping.

-Drop the S10 badges. Label the truck something else. (Colorado? Arizona, maybe?)

-Install a 2WD lift kit.

-Install some big ol' off-road tires and nice rims. (The ones on there right now are better suited to a car rather than a truck.)

-Fix the cruise control. :D

-And, for the whipped topping on the pie, a V8 swap. That engine and the five-speed manual will make for one hairy-chested ride.

And, of course, there is the 1998 Pontiac Firebird I plan to buy. But I'm not quite sure what do yet, although I know a performance chip upgrade will be probably the first thing to be done.

Your turn. 8)

Edited by YellowJacket894

I did look at a Sunbird conv with my daughter in mind but the interior was roached and thats a biggy with me, interior must be clean. Id like to take an old iron duke and do old school engine mods to it. Homemade tube intake with some Webers.

Id love to have another 91 thru whenever they changed the steering wheel 3800 2dr. Regal Limited or GS to play with, they are not expensive now and really great cars as they sit stock, do some heavy spring + drop and place the Paxton SC to an old L27 with necessary internal work and engine maping.

G3 Mulletmobile with T-tops LS2 6sp conversion, all the performance track tested suspension upgrades, good nuff.

Thats just GM's...... next...............

Old ratty Series III Sunbeam Alpine, do full body flares, wide axle, widen front track, place modified turbocharged 215 aluminum Buick adapted to modern 6sp and call it Sunbeam Sabretooth

Fiat 850 Spyder converted to a hybrid of my own design...

all and any saturins, so I can Clydify them with my Ol' Clyde Dagenham :pokeowned:

And, of course, there is the 1998 Pontiac Firebird I plan to buy. But I'm not quite sure what do yet, although I know a performance chip upgrade will be probably the first thing to be done.

185194[/snapback]

Waste of money! Edited by NOS2006

Guest YellowJacket894

Waste of money!

185679[/snapback]

Really? Then what would be the recommeded upgrades, then?

And, yes, it looks like the S10's for keeps. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. :AH-HA_wink:

1949 Buick Roadmaster two-door sedanette fastback, brought back from a long and authenticated retirement (early 1960's license plate and inspection sticker if applicable still affixed to the car) from the middle of a cow pasture somewhere in the midwest. All interior and exterior trim and brightwork must be present, but tarnished. Bullet holes, broken and/or yellowed glass (with the exception of the driver's half of the windshield), and the kinds of dents that only come from run-ins with plains buffalo are not only acceptable but preferred. The more exterior paint that has been replaced by surface rust, the better; ideally I'd like to only be able to know what color the car was by opening the doors, the trunk, or the hood. Seats tattered enough to warrant the use of an old horse blanket to cover them, but not enough to have to worry about getting sliced by an old rusty spring. Original Fireball Eight and Dynaflow transmission would be carefully removed and placed on a pallet under a cover in the corner of the garage and replaced with a built up 401 Nailhead with dual quads or some funky tripower setup mated to a bulletproof 4-speed like a Borg-Warner T10 or a Muncie M22. Updated suspension and brakes, and a Grand National rear end. Skinny tires up front and the fattest tires the back can fit without having to have it tubbed on a set of straight but tarnished and pitted swap meet Cragar SS's.

Wow, I really need to build that :lol::lol::lol: