Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

I lost a little piece of me on Friday, and I am not sorry, because it was a 3mm colon polyp, sent out for aptitude testing.

Nothing like dumping out the trash every so often. Make a speedy recovery and move forward, leaving the little turd in the past! :P

• Agree 1

:breakdance:Thanks Mr. dfelt!

Apple Fest over to my house today.  Baked pork chops in apple cider.  Homemade apple pie.  And I had too much pie filling, so I had it on the side of one of the chops.  Lunch packed for two days.  And I officially hate a mandolin slicer.

I lost a little piece of me on Friday, and I am not sorry, because it was a 3mm colon polyp, sent out for aptitude testing.

Nothing like dumping out the trash every so often. Make a speedy recovery and move forward, leaving the little turd in the past! :P

Ive done this two times already. The last time this past year.

My dad died from colon cancer 9 years ago this November and my mom was diagnosed with it (on time and cured) 2 months after my dad died...

So yeah...that is definitely on my mind...

You gotta do what you gotta do to stay alive. So...keep staying alive.

No...no disco song will be posted. But Im tempted to...

• Agree 1

It's not exactly common knowledge that the 'Michelin Man's name is "Bibendum"… but what even I didn't know is that that name is Latin for "We ought to have a drink".

Really puts a spin (no pun intended) on the current 'safety tires' campaign. ;)

Michelin ran a contest with multiple prizes with the goal of changing the name, but in that the contest was held in 1922 and the name is still 'Bibendum', I guess nothing more appealing was suggested.

MM2-600x391.jpg

Edited by balthazar

I saw this pic yesterday and thought, "This is gnarly!" I thought I'd share.

FD4C3968-C2E6-4C8D-9AC5-E0BFB081AC61_zps

That is a really interesting picture, you can see more of the divots in the background on those rails.

That is a really interesting picture, you can see more of the divots in the background on those rails.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. When I first saw the pic I didn't know what happened(without reading the caption) and once I read that it just blew my mind how gnarly that is. first, wheelspin on a train is badass in itself then that they are producing so much heat that they can do that to the rails. I'm curious if this damages the wheels as well.

Ps. I wish I didn't have to take a damn screenshot of it but the app wouldn't allow me to just save it.

Edited by ccap41

As a Cowboys fan I can still have a laugh at my own espense..

66E9721F-58FB-4ADA-95C2-0AF52F9A8487_zps

yeah....REEEEEEAAAAAAL  funny!  :lol2:  

dallas-cowboys-super-bowl-series-dallas-

I am holding out for Blu Ray though... :omfg:

Because the way they are going, we aint gonna see a Super Bowl anytime soon...*SIGH*

The railroad pic is cool though, but it reminds me too much of yet another Cowboys season....off the rails....

along those lines i saw this a while back on bangshift. thought it was pretty cool.

The Jays gain momentum.

Everyone here was heartbroken after game 2... Let's keep the stream-roll offence rolling. Excellence of execution, no less, has to produce an absolute crushing, annihilation, eradication and extermination of Texas.

No, it's not that I hate Texas as much as how much I want every opponent of Toronto to utterly lose.

The Jays gain momentum.

Everyone here was heartbroken after game 2... Let's keep the stream-roll offence rolling. Excellence of execution, no less, has to produce an absolute crushing, annihilation, eradication and extermination of Texas.

No, it's not that I hate Texas as much as how much I want every opponent of Toronto to utterly lose.

Im not a Blue Jays fan...never was. Hated them actually. As much as the Yankees.  You know...316680d1387108868-summer-69-remixed-mont

However, this year, Im riding the Blue Jays bandwagon. You know... :canada:

So I was saddened big time for the first two games ...so I stopped watching so I do jinx any further...and that is all Im saying so I dont jinx any further...

With that being said, I will stop watching the Bruins and the Cowboys play for a little while also...so I dont jinx any further....so far...it aint working 'cause the Bruins took another beating today... :XD:

Edited by oldshurst442

Nice pics, Stew!

What were you doing out there?

Looks like you got to put the off-road-ness of the trucks to work in that top pic. Looked fairly muddy.

Letting the beagles stretch their legs and just a nice day of off-roading.  Big mud, fields, hills, rocks, pretty fun overall.

Edited by Stew
  • Agree 1

Vintage Atlas rim compressor- for split rims (1920-1930s).

Aren't split rims dangerous as F?

There are a lot of different rim designs. this tool is intended for vintage rims that have a seam running perpendicularly; it need to be compressed for mounting/dismounting.

Most of the other types of split are seamed radially. The worst is this, often called 'The Widowmaker' :

Killer1.jpg?timestamp=1325892661396

I have rims with retaining rings, they are not considered dangerous, but of course it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Well...if that is the case, I wouldnt mind THAT reality at all...even if it means that the Blue Jays...well...CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!

But we may be getting ahead of ourselves here...

Maybe there will be another Moises doing the Bartman in the next series...you know...curse...

steve-bartman.jpg

But since we are entertaining this thought about Back to the Future II...I want Pontiac back and more important than that....I want my flying Jeep!!!

Offroadin', no roadin', flying Jeep!!!  

With round headlights though...

1419602447_nb6.jpg

Me too. Me too.

I even have it on VHS to this day . I had recorded it and watched it the next day. But by then it was no longer a surprise 'cause I knew what had happened.

It must have been nuts watching it live as it hapened right then and there. "Surreal" may be the perfect word to describe that game.

Yes.... YES!! 

vhyfxm.jpg

You ain't kidding. That was a gong show.

Now Im peeved. It turns out that every Sports Net feed has the Astros versus the Royals...the satellite guide says that SN west would rebroacast...

*SIGH*

No Jays Baseball, maybe when this game finishes...

*SIGH*

I happen to love effed up ball games.

Edited by oldshurst442

I guess I have to settle for the quick 1 hour recap....its OK...

What got my attention REEEEEAAAAAAL fast was a name that I havent heard since like the early 1990s...

I mentioned Moises before...as in Moises Alou...but the Rangers scored their first run by a player named Delino Deshields...

33501-47Fr.jpg

He got traded and I lost track of him...

He looks soooo young in that pic...as a Ranger...he looks, well....GOOOOOD!!!

492662686-delino-deshields-of-the-texas-

I always find it amazing how people can get so caught up in the so called professional sports, stats, etc. Baseball the so called American sport holds no interest to me and going to a game, they are just plain boring. Sorry guys, but I could care less about the teams and who wins what. Far better and more important things than overpaid guys playing a sport and having to pay for $10 beer.

• Agree 1

^ I have to ask, What are your hobbies then? Or passion?

I love to Travel, Photography, Working out in the gym, Home Theater reviewing movies and auto's. I do love bowling and I have a wine collection that I enjoy with Chocolate. :P

• Agree 2

" Baseball the so called American sport holds no interest to me and going to a game, they are just plain boring. "

" They say there's nothing more American than grabbing a hot dog, heading to the ballpark, and watching nine guys from the Dominican Republic. "

- W. Ferrell

^ I have to ask, What are your hobbies then? Or passion?

I love to Travel, Photography, Working out in the gym, Home Theater reviewing movies and auto's. I do love bowling and I have a wine collection that I enjoy with Chocolate. :P

I also love to travel.

I used to like taking photographs. I dont anymore.

I used to work-out, to play sports, to be stronger and faster with my athletic ability.

I enjoy my home theatre watching movies. I also enjoy going to the movies...although my home system set-up and TV is top notch for home theatres, nothing beats going to the movies to watch a block buster.

I enjoy wines. I cant drink anyore though.

I LOVE CHOCOLATES.

I do two drugs.

1. Chocolate

2. Speed and danger. I LOVE getting my adrenaline pumping. I get adrenaline pumping by driving fast, skiing, skating, playing team sports, even working. Riding on roller coasters etc...

But...I also enjoy watching sports.

Why?

I used to play hockey and baseball. And other sports, but I used to play baseball and hockey at competitive levels and so watching sports takes me back and makes me remember all the feats I was able to do. I have two kids and I also make them play sports, because its good for the body and soul. And I enjoy more to watch them play and excel than these professional guys, obviously...but watching pro sports on TV is  MORE than just entertainment, its an understanding that I have in realizing how hard it really is to accomplish athletic abilities...I marvel at what the human body and mind and soul can do to overcome adversity to win...

Yesterday's Blue Jays game versus the Rangers is a perfect example. I saw a very short version of the game, but I felt all the emotions involved and knew exactly how Bautista felt when he pelted that ball out of the park as I have won games myself for my team in that type of dramatic situations. I have also lost games in which heroics of my opponent sank us by that same dramatic fashion...

You know what I miss the most in playing sports?

The emotional roller coaster ride an athlete goes through winning and losing.

I miss losing games as much as I miss winning them. Because the emotions of losing made me stronger and made me want it more the next time around which made me a better player and athlete. I pushed myself to be better so I could win.

AND THAT is why I still LOVE watching games...THAT emotion comes alive in me watching my favorite teams play.

Adrenaline...

Which in turn, makes me teach my kids HOW to win...and HOW to lose...and HOW TO COMPETE...yes...my kids are taught NOT to be sore winners nor sore losers, and I teach them to channel those frustrations or glees to better themselves and I try to correlate that for real life situations...Im still working on that as they are still young...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

Guess if I had grown up playing sports it might be different, but when you are over 6 feet tall by 12 years old, you coordination sucks and my dad took me to a gym and I fell in love with body building. Arnold was the God Everyone looked up too. Plus my parents loved to camp so every weekend we took off on Friday afternoon and camped all over washington state and came home sunday night. Had a blast hiking, fishing and seeing the beauty of the state with my sisters and parents. Cannot ask for a better family bonding time.

Glad all of you guys love the sports, after all someone has to pay their crazy paychecks. ;) Have a good one.

Guess if I had grown up playing sports it might be different, but when you are over 6 feet tall by 12 years old, you coordination sucks and my dad took me to a gym and I fell in love with body building. Arnold was the God Everyone looked up too. Plus my parents loved to camp so every weekend we took off on Friday afternoon and camped all over washington state and came home sunday night. Had a blast hiking, fishing and seeing the beauty of the state with my sisters and parents. Cannot ask for a better family bonding time.

Glad all of you guys love the sports, after all someone has to pay their crazy paychecks. ;) Have a good one.

I  take it you are a HUGE fellow...at over 6 feet tall with all those years pumping iron...

I wouldnt want to make you angry, I dont think Id like you if youre angry...

giphy.gif

Dont sell yourself ...ahem...short... :smilewide:

but pumping iron is a form of athleticism...ancient Greeks trained themselves lifting rocks and stones to become stronger when competing in the Olympic Games...and THAT in itself eventual became a sport. The male physique was revered and became a sport to build it up and perfect it...

kamen.jpg

and weight lifting stones

Halteres_from_ancient_Greece.jpg

Discus Thrower as shown to be strong and muscular to throw the disc even farther...

discobolos_127258.jpg

Poseidon Statue depicting the beauty of a perfect male body...

archaeological-museum-bronze-statue-pose

And yes...there was no Doritos back then to help with love handles, but...weight training was indeed a factor for Olympic athletes and Olympus Gods to have those wonderful 6 packs...

As far as those crazy salaries go...sports is a billion dollar industry world wide...and yes...I contribute to it....its not as if Im not entertained by it though, and the billion others on the planet that see the same as I concerning sports...

2Ye0qcg.jpg

Yes Russel, I am entertained...

I have been for thousands of years actually...

ancientOlympicstadiumOlympiaGreece.jpg

As far as family bonding goes....there are no rules as to how that happens.

Edited by oldshurst442

Olds do you know what this means? 

Your Blue Jays will be playing my Royals in the ALCS.......

Yup...I would rather see your 'Canes play my Bruins in the Conference Finals, but hey...Ill take this too. 

But Id like to point out that the Jays are not "my" Blue Jays....Im more on a bandwagon on this one....