Trash, all colors

ocnblu

So I was out walking this morning, and part of my route is along a road that's outside of my development. I was amazed at the amount of trash people just throw out their car windows... like it's the middle ages or something. A big potato chip bag with half the chips strewn everywhere, coffee and soda cups and bottles, an orange condom, (used, ew) etc. etc... what are people thinking? How can people be so damn TRASHY?

I sincerely hope everyone here takes their trash home and sticks it in the wastebasket.

Trash is everywhere along the roads and it disgusts me. I couldn't even think of tossing my trash out the window. It's a common sense type of thing, to me, at least. First, if you wouldn't do it to your yard, why do it anywhere else? Second, are you really that lazy?

So I was out walking this morning, and part of my route is along a road that's outside of my development.  I was amazed at the amount of trash people just throw out their car windows... like it's the middle ages or something.  A big potato chip bag with half the chips strewn everywhere, coffee and soda cups and bottles, an orange condom, (used, ew) etc. etc... what are people thinking?  How can people be so damn TRASHY?

I sincerely hope everyone here takes their trash home and sticks it in the wastebasket.

[post="19786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know ocn, and it seems like it is getting worst. The worst I see are coffee cups.. really drives me crazy.

I hate, HATE, when people throw trash out of their windows and it lands on my car while we're driving. I had someone throw out napkins--like a handful that I guess they didn't need anymore, land in front of me--one got pinned around my antenna and the other against my hood ornament... for 40 miles!! :angry: Then I gotta touch their nasty shit to get it off my car. How how about when someone dumps coffee or soda out their window while driving on the highway and it sprays all over your windshield, so you have this nice sticky, syrupy texture to deal with later, all over the front of your car?

How how about when someone dumps coffee or soda out their window while driving on the highway and it sprays all over your windshield, so you have this nice sticky, syrupy texture to deal with later, all over the front of your car?

[post="19842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha I've done that to people when they're tailing me, flashing their brights, and generally being obnoxious even though there's no way to go faster/let them over.

Where I used to live, this asshole would always park his ugly-ass Passat right in front of my driveway every time he saw his skanky-ass girlfriend. I talked to him a few times about it; the last straw was when he said, "Deal with it, cracka'" (The kid was white, by the way). I made it point to deposit all my used gum to the sidewalls of his tires and on his headlamps.

I hear ya Blu, Im like "what would make anyone want their world to look like this" The streach of road by my house, I walk the shoulders and kick the stuff back in the road. This has curbed the problem here somewhat. Its nothing like along the highways and city areas but still "its the damn country" you know "where the air is clean and the water fresh and the road shoulders used as landfill". One might think its all kids or welfare or lowlifes or NY city residence where it completely acceptable to throw everything out the window "because thats what the sanitation department is for" but..... I did a delivery to a park area in one of the more upscale (upper middle class suburbia) communities. Its a bike trail down by the Mohawk River, Park area, a few hikeing trails, ect. They were building restroom facilities. The guy in charge of the town project told me "you wouldnt believe the garbage these people throw all over" He said it was just as much the adults as the kids and it didnt matter, man, female, kids present, well dressed or wearing bluejeans. So I guess lowlifes come in every form.

I hate it when people clutter it up here. Its so beautiful, but then they have to dump their Mcdonald's wrappers and shit all over the place. Ugh... I'll admit, though, I've thrown stuff out the window before, but not in a while and it was something like used gum or its wrapper. Wait... I threw out a whole pile of trash when I went to CA for the third time a few years ago. :D J/k...

Only thing I've ever in my life throw out a car window was completely biodegradable (not paper either; I'm talking apple core/banana peel) and that was never on the road or anyone's lawn-- only into the brush/woods.

[post="19955"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, I've done that, too.

First, if you wouldn't do it to your yard, why do it anywhere else?  Second, are you really that lazy?

[post="19792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Unfortunatelly a lot of people ARE hat lazy and inconsiderate. I usually have a paper bag from McDonalds or a plastic bag from CVS that I keep in the back seat as a temporary trash recepticle.