Changes To C&G

Guest Josh

As the auto show season quickly approaches us we here at C&G have realized we need a different way to update the site. With myself and Chris Pauwels (aka Crispey2k) being invited to an invite only event here in Metro Detroit for the NAIAS we have some pretty significant things in store for members and visitors alike of C&G.

So, in light of the situation we have before us, Frank Donato aka z28luvr has done a fantastic job of keeping C&G's previous look and "morphing" it of sorts to a new front page that is far and away easier to update literally from any computer.

In doing that, updates to the front page will be more frequent as myself, Z, Flybrian or any other staff member can update the front end in minutes, from any PC anywhere.

Furthermore, some have mentioned Walts return back here on C&G. Walt has started doing his own blogging here on C&G via the forums/main page. So, more blog-like updates are likely to be coming with new, fresh content thoughtout the day.

Another piece of information. As I mentioned up above, Camaro Brand Manager Scott (don't call me Mr.) Settlemire has invited myself as well as 1 guest to the GM NAIAS press events. Chris Pauwels will be joining me.

I'd like to formally invite every member, their friends, and every automotive enthusiast to C&G the evening of Sunday, January 8th. Myself and Chris will be doing live updates from the GM Heritage Center here in Michigan. Both from our hotel (thankfully booked!) from inside the Heritage Center as well as the events after the showing.

To build on that, we'll be doing instant updates from the invite only showing of General Motors at the 2006 NAIAS Auto Show. Now, for those that follow us regularly, you know we are normally the first to report on new and exciting things concerning General Motors.

This will be no different. C&G promises to have the absolute BEST coverage of this years NAIAS. Chris will be bringing his lap-top along. We'll have more cameras with expandable memory on it than we'll probably know what to do with!

What I'm trying to say is....C&G will not be outdone by anybody, any web-site, or any magazine in our coverage of this years NAIAS. As soon as the Cama....."vehicle" is debuted, C&G will have live images as well as video of the showings minutes after the debuts wrap up.

In closing. Major props to Frank Donato for giving us the new front page we have, which by the way features new skins from the home page that we hope to implement into the forums in the very near future.

Thanks for reading, and remember to check back with us for your exclusive NAIAS '06 information.

Josh E. Oliver
[email protected]

He was talking about the Cama...omile. It's a new car based on herbal medicines that creates a soothing effect when driven. It's really quite relaxing. I'm very impressed Josh. Taking the site to the next level. I just hope there are no technical difficulties which happen to the best. I wish I could go and be a part of the action but I'll be starting my Spring Semester around the same time. Damn education! Edited by Cadillacfan85

Thank you so much all of you--I'll be honest, I'm very new to the car scene--only been into it for like 7-8 years now... this is the ONLY site I go to.. and when it was down, I never strayed.. I just missed it. I will always be loyal to C&G as I find it's content and members to be Grade A :)